I am new, and lost. I feel that i have been looking at the forums and getting no where.
    Here are my questions...

1. Trying to install the CD, it asked me something like which version i am using and if i dont know to contact my ...someone....

2. i want to install this so that i can download aim msn etc which i have found the links sticky posted and are a great help.

3. When i click on something on my phn and it says ATT i know it means im going on the internet, does it mean the same thing when it pops up same but says Blackbery

so i want to no how to get the usb cord to work and install the cd stuff on th computer and be able to download the free aps such as aim msn etc thanks
    06-25-08 11:14 AM
    Uh what exactly is the problem? It would help if you provided more and better detailed information regarding your problem. Also, when posting a new topic, please use a descriptive title, not just "please help!!!"
    06-25-08 11:27 AM
    Well i have alot of questions, again questions

when i click on something and it say ATT it mean sim going on the internet does it mean im going on the internet when i clikc on soemthing and it says BLACKBERRY??

Im trying to install the cd for the usb cablen it aske me something like am i using ms os and 3 or four ther options..
    06-25-08 11:54 AM
    Uhh... errr. Hmm.

Is there any possible way you could rephrase your above statement.. err. question (s) ????
    06-25-08 11:56 AM
    I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut.
    06-25-08 12:08 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The first step, a Windows computer with a few hundred MB of disk space.

When you insert the CD, it should autostart. From there, you should be able to install USB drivers and BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Is this where you are having trouble?

it aske me something like am i using ms os and 3 or four ther options..
    That question applies to your computer. What version of Windows are you using?
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-25-08 at 12:16 PM.
    06-25-08 12:09 PM
    If you are having a problem using the disk you can go straight the your cell phone providers website and download the Desktop manager from there.
    06-25-08 12:13 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Just in case, you can also download the support files from BlackBerry.

Select your carrier from the list and choose:

USB and modem driver
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager, (choose the v4.3 without Roxio for now )
    BlackBerry 8310 Device Software

They take a while to download.
    06-25-08 12:14 PM
    ok here is my questions, i put the disk in and it istalled........now i went to sticky's post and clicked the link to download aim and then i clicked agree and i clicked next....and this is the msg i got

Connect your BlackBerry device to the USB port on this computer now to load AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry./>

it is connected! it also says that it isnt charging when i plug it in and i dont understand why

and again my question that no one has told me yet....you no when u go on the internet and it says ATT when i click something and it does the same thing but say BLACKBERRY does that again mean im going on the internet or going to be charged?
    06-25-08 12:23 PM
    Yes, when "Blackberry" pops up, you are going to the internet, which uses data.

If your phone will neither charge nor allow your PC to recognize the device via USB, you may have a faulty port.
    06-25-08 12:27 PM
    Out of curiosity, what's the link for AIM?
    06-25-08 12:33 PM
    AIM For Blackberry:
    http: // www. blackberry. com/aim

w/ out all the spaces, i have to have 10 pst before i can do a link so just put it back together lol sry
    06-25-08 12:44 PM
    it is connected! it also says that it isnt charging when i plug it in and i dont understand why
    That could be a bad USB cable or a problem with the USB port.

For clarity, are you are using Windows Internet Explorer and attempting to install over the internet?

Have you attempted to connect with BlackBerry Desktop Manager?

Thanks jena, you aced that one.
    06-25-08 12:44 PM
    I tried to download it and it said my device doesn't meet the requirements. Can you not get it on the Pearl 8130?
    06-25-08 12:48 PM

Thanks jena, you aced that one.

Yay!!!!!
    06-25-08 12:52 PM
    ok now its telling me this msg

Unsupported Device

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry.
    06-25-08 01:08 PM
    ya same here i have the curve...hmm i no my friends got the pearl and hes got msn on his so why wouldnt aim wrk...
    06-25-08 01:08 PM
    yeah i am using the usb i cliked some buttons it said it wasnt connect but is now and then i get the error msg
    ok now its telling me this msg

Unsupported Device

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry.
    06-25-08 01:09 PM
    What platform are you running on your PC???????

Also, I'm telling you... You may have a faulty port. Please try to listen and take advice when people try to give it to you.
    06-25-08 01:14 PM
    Actually, what the problem is is that AIM for Blackberry won't work on an ATT 8310. That version is specifically designed for Sprint Blackberrys...or at least that's what I read on the AIM mobile website.

ATT wants you to use their AIM program so they can waste your text messages!
    06-25-08 03:59 PM
    Hi there, well i went online on my phn and downloaded it and it works i just couldnt do it with out advoiding doing online so all the msgngrs do work so im sry what u read mislead you
    06-25-08 04:15 PM
    Did you download the actual AIM application or the one from Media Net that ATT provides?

Also, have you logged into AIM yet? Just curious as the programs from RIM require service books from your provider.

I'm just speaking from previous experience here. I left ATT to come to sprint for the price, so yes, I have tried ATT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 05:28 PM
    i went to media net and downloaed the oz msgnr and now i have aim msn and i believe its yahoo on my phn...so it just used txt msg like it did when i had my old phn i just had to download the app...but maybe soemoen can help me with this how do i convert ring tones or where can i get them free
    06-25-08 05:52 PM
    Go to the ringtones tab right here on crackberry! It's a great place to find all sorts of ringtones! In fact, I think I've gotten all of mine from crackberry!
    06-25-08 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD