Is there an icon for crackberry for the home screen or do you just have to bookmark it? Also, what app(using the 8130)is the best for viewing crackberry? ty in advance
    01-05-09 02:48 PM
    The icon you've probably seen is the Crackberry launcher application. Download it free from the store tab at the top of the forum.
    01-05-09 02:51 PM
    01-05-09 02:53 PM
    TY very much for the quick response!
    01-05-09 02:56 PM
    quick ? - got crackberry app icon on homescreen. when i click on it theres a part where it says install crackberry.com BB launcher. Is that what I have already or is that something different. I have the CB on my homescreen if that helps
    01-06-09 01:54 AM
    Its what you have already

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 02:38 AM
    Its what you have already

Hey hazy, where did you get the animated avatar from?
    01-06-09 02:42 AM
    Oh gosh I can't remember LOL. I just googled 'anmimated avatars 80 x 80'. Hope that helps

01-06-09 02:45 AM
    There is going to be a big mix in opinion as to what is best to view CB on. For example I use opera mini to view the CB wap forums just for the fact that I personally find it easier. That being said its a huge personal choice, I have the CB launcher and used to use it quite a bit. However after I upgraded my OS to 4.5 the standard blackberry browser was buggy on the wap forums(you couldn't edit and when replying it would only display part of what you quoted, and then sometimes there was no post button) so I switched to opera mini for wap, and I like that more because when you go to scroll through a thread you can use the 2 and 8 keys to scroll down a whole screen view rather than just having to use the trackball which I find much easier. Plus sometimes I feel as though OM is a bit faster. However the only downfall to OM is that you they do not have a select mode where you can copy text from the page that you are viewing but with every good thing there comes issues that we must deal with, I feel that is just how life is in general. But like I said that is just my personal preference and the next person may have a different one. But I thought I would share my thoughts and give you a couple positives to opera mini.
    By the way welcome to the CB family!

01-06-09 02:49 AM
    ty all for the info - I have just heard that OM takes up a lot of memory usage (not sure how true that actually is)
    01-06-09 03:06 AM
    ty all for the info - I have just heard that OM takes up a lot of memory usage (not sure how true that actually is)
    I too had someone tell me that as well at one point in time, however in my honest opinion I haven't seen that much of a difference, but I also don't have a lot of applications on my phone to begin with. But from my experience what the person told me about it taking up a lot of memory I have found that to not be AS true as what the said.

01-06-09 03:12 AM
    Oh gosh I can't remember LOL. I just googled 'anmimated avatars 80 x 80'. Hope that helps

alright thanks that worked for me!
    01-06-09 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD