I am at 4% right now and have over 4 hours screen time and over 21 hours total. I wouldn't even get that on my 9700 BB.

the s3 has an amazing battery life as long as you can tweak certain things.
    Can I ask like what things? I imagine there are umpteen apps for the purpose too ....
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-10-13 08:07 PM
    Here's the thing with Google: they have a huge incentive to put their apps on every platform that has tens of millions of users, because their entire business model is based on advertising revenue: if they don't have Google Maps on BB10, they won't have all those users looking at maps with little icons for restaurants and gas stations and attractions, and users won't click them and then Google won't get revenue.

The Google apps will come as soon as BB10 is out of the woods.
    But why would they not have them up now?
    Alternatively they are trying to force people to move to their platform .... and apparently its working
    02-10-13 08:08 PM
    But why would they not have them up now?
    Alternatively they are trying to force people to move to their platform .... and apparently its working
    Ellipses are only three dots.
    02-10-13 08:13 PM
    I would have a z10 1st day of launch in the US if it could stream Netflix.
    Ah Netflix. Apparently, it is right around the corner. Seen it running on the Z10 today. Check out Crackberry front page.
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    02-10-13 08:16 PM
    Dude you're still not convinced? Then get both and see which one you keep as your daily driver... I have a Note and 9900... 9900 is my primary device. I'm waiting patiently for the Z10, just need rogers to ship me it!!! The Note is an amazing device but it depends on your preference/priorities. The Z10 / BB10 will offer the security and peace of mind and the major apps are coming that again people "seem to need". Otherwise it's going to be a reliable device, to the point and ready for business...

Just ask yourself what you need and see which device/OS has what makes you happy... BBM? yes? +1 for BBRY
    02-10-13 08:21 PM
    I had a friend get their identity stolen because they used an android. They never recovered most of what was stolen.
    02-10-13 08:52 PM
    Dude you're still not convinced? Then get both and see which one you keep as your daily driver... I have a Note and 9900... 9900 is my primary device. I'm waiting patiently for the Z10, just need rogers to ship me it!!! The Note is an amazing device but it depends on your preference/priorities. The Z10 / BB10 will offer the security and peace of mind and the major apps are coming that again people "seem to need". Otherwise it's going to be a reliable device, to the point and ready for business...

Just ask yourself what you need and see which device/OS has what makes you happy... BBM? yes? +1 for BBRY
    2 is too much, I much prefer 1 only.
    I played around with the Note 2 today - amazing device. Love the split screen capability. How is the battery life?
    What do you use each device for - are you connected to cell service for both?
    02-10-13 08:58 PM
    How about now??? Did we do nothing.
    02-10-13 09:02 PM
    How about now??? Did we do nothing.
    No decision yet, but I'm leaning toward Galaxy S or Nexus.
    I noticed Netflix is available on Z10 .... maybe a good sign??
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-10-13 09:20 PM
    2 is too much, I much prefer 1 only.
    I played around with the Note 2 today - amazing device. Love the split screen capability. How is the battery life?
    What do you use each device for - are you connected to cell service for both?
    Yeah, i admit at times it can be a bit hard to walk around with both devices... Yea I use both, 2 different carriers. The Note 2 is really nice too i must say, runs jelly bean so it's very smooth. The S-Pen is the cool part of the phone, very handy and precise - you can take notes, make sketch etc easily with the pen. As for battery life on the Note.. its okay, i get almost a full day with it, heavy use just under a day unfortunately, that 5" screen just drains the battery lol. Camera is amazing both pictures and video. That's my main use of the Note as of late - it was bought as a spare phone and the camera was an added benefit. Everything else --> BBRY.
    Once i get the Z10, i think the Note will be staying home for most of the time...or i'll just give the device to another family member..
    02-10-13 10:51 PM
    I have seen Google Maps running on the Z10 on Youtube, Gps and turn by turn voice directions. Older version I think it was said but it was working great.
    02-10-13 10:52 PM
    Can I ask like what things? I imagine there are umpteen apps for the purpose too ....
    Apps really aren't necessary to manage tasks and such on the newer Android versions. Power management is pretty well built in. A paused press of the Home key brings up a combolination App Switcher, Task Manager, and Google Search bar. If you wanna dump everything active, click the trash can, it dumps everything. The Apps used is similar to BB, except shows where you left the page vs an icon you go back to (older OSes for BB). So say I'm sharing YouTube video links in a forum, find video, copy url, app switch, back to web page, paste and add code, post, app switch, find next video, etc.

02-11-13 01:30 AM
    I had a friend get their identity stolen because they used an android. They never recovered most of what was stolen.
    Please explain how his identity got stolen..as well as how you "recover" a stolen idendity. Did they give him a new one?
    02-11-13 10:20 AM
    The best reason to go Android? The sweet, sweet customization possible. It's like art, for your phone.
    http://mycolorscreen.com/MarcusBremen/
    AbuYazeedUK and randall2580 like this.
    02-11-13 10:23 AM
    Ah Netflix. Apparently, it is right around the corner. Seen it running on the Z10 today. Check out Crackberry front page.
    That would be awesome!

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 10:39 AM
    Nice. How would you compare N4 to S3? No battery issues with N4?
    I think they're similar phones, the N4 has a better build quality IMO what the GS3 has over the N4 is removable battery, SD Card Slot, 32gb + 64gb options and maybe LTE (plus Samsungs Touchwiz), them things didn't bother me so I chose the N4. I have no battery issues I've got 1Day with just under 4 hrs on screen time with it.
    02-11-13 10:55 AM
    Apps really aren't necessary to manage tasks and such on the newer Android versions. Power management is pretty well built in. A paused press of the Home key brings up a combolination App Switcher, Task Manager, and Google Search bar. If you wanna dump everything active, click the trash can, it dumps everything. The Apps used is similar to BB, except shows where you left the page vs an icon you go back to (older OSes for BB). So say I'm sharing YouTube video links in a forum, find video, copy url, app switch, back to web page, paste and add code, post, app switch, find next video, etc.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6bc2cbc9.png
    Very nice
    02-11-13 11:00 AM
    The best reason to go Android? The sweet, sweet customization possible. It's like art, for your phone.
    http://mycolorscreen.com/MarcusBremen/
    Haha cool.
    AS a former and current BB-er, I'm all about function over form. But that does look cool
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 11:02 AM
    Haha cool.
    AS a former and current BB-er, I'm all about function over form. But that does look cool
    Believe me, you can have both Swipe gestures and hidden docks can turn any look into an extremely functional machine
    02-11-13 11:28 AM
    I find it amusing as heck that folks continue to talk about BlackBerry's vaunted security and all the while they are taking side loaded Android apps not converted by them on their computer - and not realizing that the BB now has the same security of the dreaded virus carrying Android phones they love to taunt here. (I have to believe that BES Admins all over the world are disabling that function of the phone the day of deployment, if that's possible). I even go as far to say that your BB with a side load you did not convert to .bar is more vulnerable to a virus than my GNote that has never taken an app except from the Google Play Store.

Anyway check this out - this was on my G+ page yesterday for how cool the GN2 is OP. Since the Z10 is around the corner I would advise patience, were I able to get both I would try and be patient myself, but the Z10 better be a heck of a phone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=9nh2NSLgaII
    BergerKing and BoldtotheMax like this.
    02-11-13 12:53 PM
    LOL. OL.
    02-11-13 12:59 PM
    Oh ID theft by parts, seems legit.
    02-11-13 02:31 PM
    if you move to Android i will kick a hundred kittens in the face and tell witnesses i was you.

Has that convinced you? what do i win?
    02-11-13 06:49 PM
    Just shutting down certain things you don't use, unless you need the. Like I shut off wifi when not in use or BT.

Simple stuff. They do have apps out there that will help with battery life, like Juice Defender.

I don't have anything like that anymore, just pay attention really.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    02-11-13 07:37 PM
    Android and iOS too big compared to BB. Once you realize that the phone itself is not everything, you would go straight for Android or iOS. I just can't tell you not to buy an Android phone. But if you get one, don't buy the Nexus 4. The screen is freakin horrible and the unlock button is very hard to push despite it has the best form in my opinion. Get the S3, root it, put some mainstream custom ROM on it (stock UI not Samsung Touchwiz crap), install Nova Launcher, Swiftkey and you are good to go.
    The only reasons that can keep you stay with BB is the love for the company name or the hope for the better future with full of Google apps and service support or just the urge NOT to be mainstream. You decide...
    02-11-13 08:01 PM
271 ... 891011