Exactly. No point in jumping on board with something that currently doesn't meet your needs, only to have it leave a bad taste in your mouth and return it. Better to wait and see what happens with some of the Google apps and whatnot, and make a more informed decision as updates get released. If the Z10 had some of the apps I need, i'd give it a shot. But as it currently stands, i'll be waiting and watching.
    Cool so you are currently rocking a droid i take it?
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-10-13 11:54 AM
    Since I love my 9900 theres no huge rush. I had planned to get a Z10 but with no evidence of Google Voice (absolute requirement) but also no Google Apps at all, I'm still undecided. Currently the the idea is to plan on getting Galaxy 4 (but if Z10 or Q10 has Google apps then I'd do that instead). Really Wish BB would do a larger-screen qwerty though.
    Same here.. but then I always buy gadgets a gen late - to let it settle and more importantly to let it get a bit cheaper
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-10-13 11:54 AM
    Same here.. but then I always buy gadgets a gen late - to let it settle and more importantly to let it get a bit cheaper
    So you are using BB now? or droid
    02-10-13 11:55 AM
    So you are using BB now? or droid
    Both. a BB for work, emails and bridging with playbook & an android for everything else
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-10-13 11:59 AM
    Both. a BB for work, emails and bridging with playbook & an android for everything else
    Which droid?
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-10-13 12:00 PM
    Yup Galaxy looks like the way to go for Android. Like the idea of Nexus 4 but w/o any cust svc and terrible battery it doesnt seem practical.
    .....and the MYTH about battery life continues, I've only had my SG3 for 5 days at the time of this post and I can tell you MY battery life on the SG3 is better that my 9930, however with an extra battery (always had with any device), I don't worry about battery depletion I always have a spare.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-10-13 12:19 PM
    Cool so you are currently rocking a droid i take it?
    I've got a Galaxy Nexus, and I had a Moto Atrix and HTC Desire Z before that (and before that was Torch 9800, BB Storm, BB Curve, and the old BB with the side wheel)
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-10-13 12:25 PM
    .....and the MYTH about battery life continues, I've only had my SG3 for 5 days at the time of this post and I can tell you MY battery life on the SG3 is better that my 9930, however with an extra battery (always had with any device), I don't worry about battery depletion I always have a spare.
    No myth mileage varies, location/ usage/ preferences.... that said a spare battery and or charger is a must for any power user that relies on their phone.
    BergerKing and Spencerdl like this.
    02-10-13 12:42 PM
    Which droid?
    Sony Xperia S
    02-10-13 12:53 PM
    Wow, I am salivating.
    On BB I like that I can read and delete an email (gmail account), but then its still there on my Mac laptop ie its not been deleted.
    I am sure this has to be possible on android?
    Yes it is
    02-10-13 01:03 PM
    I'm in love with my Z10 unfortunately i don't have a friend with the samsung galaxy s3 but i was comparing my phone with my buddies iphone5 and I was running circles around him. Switching apps, checking email/txts/bbm/facebook etc all from the hub, browsing, everything is so fluid, and fast. I'm actually learning new things about the OS everyday that just make it better and better.

I understand Google is in competition with Blackberry and Apple but restricting their customers from using their services just because they are running on Blackberry's OS is unacceptable, and is certainly not the kind of company i would support.
    02-10-13 01:26 PM
    some of these threads are hilarious...
    02-10-13 01:55 PM
    I'd say go ahead and get a droid. - it sounds as if you want to give one a try. You know how to use a BB so you'll know pretty quickly if you made a mistake or not. Its nothing that can't be undone if you want. In the end you'll find yourself with the machine you think will do the best lob for you. My preferences shouldn't effect your decision.
    02-10-13 02:21 PM
    I'm in love with my Z10 unfortunately i don't have a friend with the samsung galaxy s3 but i was comparing my phone with my buddies iphone5 and I was running circles around him. Switching apps, checking email/txts/bbm/facebook etc all from the hub, browsing, everything is so fluid, and fast. I'm actually learning new things about the OS everyday that just make it better and better.

I understand Google is in competition with Blackberry and Apple but restricting their customers from using their services just because they are running on Blackberry's OS is unacceptable, and is certainly not the kind of company i would support.
    But you use a Blackberry? Think about it...
    02-10-13 02:33 PM
    Really?? 8 pages to convince a guy to not move to Android when he has clearly made his mind. Let him convince himself what he wants to buy. I don't care either way. This space would be better used for people who want to BUY BB10 than those who need to be CONVINCED. I don't get paid by BB or Android to convinced someone. Their money their choice. This thread should be closed.
    OP buy whatever you want to. Buy a ten year old Nokia if it works for you. Stop thinking so much. It's just a phone for crying out loud. Buy the Android. If it doesn't work for you then sell it and get the BB or whatever else meets your fancy. Seriously, this is not a life changing decision, it's not like trying to decide to get married to someone. There are more important things in life to worry about.
    02-10-13 02:45 PM
    Convince me to give a shi t to convince you to not move to Android then I'll convince you.
    02-10-13 02:55 PM
    Why? If BB doesn't have what you need, go.
    02-10-13 03:09 PM
    Need some good reasons.
    I've heard Android is fragmented. But the high end phones? S3, Nexus 4? I doubt they'll have issues getting upgrades...
    Keyboard? Battery life? Android looks just as good as BB.

But Android has Google behind it. Who does BB have??
    Don't expect the OS to get updated with each version. There is no guarantee. My Droid is 8 months old and the OS is 2 versions old. Done with Android.
    02-10-13 03:51 PM
    10 yrs BB user, love the 9900 I have. Would not touch iPhone with a 10 foot pole.
    However: What I love about BB seems to be going away:

-Auto-Text (Word Substitution) now has no formatting?!
    -BIS / data compression = gone
    -Google Voice on BB = gone
    -Google Maps on BB = gone
    -The New BB keyboard comes from Android

I want more power, Google Now looks amazing, Android keyboards look great.

I want to stay with BB.

Help!!
    Android sucks

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-10-13 03:54 PM
    10 yrs BB user, love the 9900 I have. Would not touch iPhone with a 10 foot pole.
    However: What I love about BB seems to be going away:

-Auto-Text (Word Substitution) now has no formatting?!
    -BIS / data compression = gone
    -Google Voice on BB = gone
    -Google Maps on BB = gone
    -The New BB keyboard comes from Android

I want more power, Google Now looks amazing, Android keyboards look great.

I want to stay with BB.

Help!!
    I say go to your local store, play around with the new BB, play around with the SGIII or other Android phone, then pick the one that suits you the best. Easy as pie.
    02-10-13 03:55 PM
    Move to android, you're not worthy.
    02-10-13 03:55 PM
    some of these threads are hilarious...
    Then you have ones like this one.
    RussBerry007 and Spencerdl like this.
    02-10-13 03:57 PM
    try WP8 Im trying to decide between either the Z10 or Lumia 920. Just used wp the other day all I can say is WOW!
    02-10-13 04:00 PM
    Don't expect the OS to get updated with each version. There is no guarantee. My Droid is 8 months old and the OS is 2 versions old. Done with Android.
    This has historically been even worse with blackberry. My HTC phone is two years old and has the latest android version 4.2.1 running. There's nothing stopping you from updating. ICS devices (4.0) have been out for over a year, so it sounds like you bought a device that was outdated when you purchased it. That doesn't mean android sucks, that means you made a poor decision
    02-10-13 04:06 PM
    Android sucks

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    I sure hope you don't use any android apps with bb10
    02-10-13 04:07 PM
271 ... 678910 ...