10 yrs BB user, love the 9900 I have. Would not touch iPhone with a 10 foot pole.
    However: What I love about BB seems to be going away:

-Auto-Text (Word Substitution) now has no formatting?!
    -BIS / data compression = gone
    -Google Voice on BB = gone
    -Google Maps on BB = gone
    -The New BB keyboard comes from Android

I want more power, Google Now looks amazing, Android keyboards look great.

I want to stay with BB.

Help!!
    Jordan Gibson1, Tom689 and ruhban like this.
    02-09-13 12:35 AM
    I want to stay with BB.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-09-13 12:37 AM
    Don't.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 12:38 AM
    Ummmmm you could wait and see if most of those things come. Google maps and voice. I'm sure word sub can be fixed with an update. And I'm not sure what you mean about the keyboard because as far as I know google didn't invent it. Pretty much everything will be fixed except bis.
    02-09-13 12:41 AM
    Need some good reasons.
    I've heard Android is fragmented. But the high end phones? S3, Nexus 4? I doubt they'll have issues getting upgrades...
    Keyboard? Battery life? Android looks just as good as BB.

But Android has Google behind it. Who does BB have??
    02-09-13 12:42 AM
    No, get an android.
    02-09-13 12:50 AM
    10 yrs BB user, love the 9900 I have. Would not touch iPhone with a 10 foot pole.

I want to stay with BB.

Help!!
    1) Not sure about this but might be coming in the update.
    2) Gone, but that just means the data useage will be similar to other phones
    3) Blame Google
    4) Use the browser, supposed to work as well if you just ignore some warning aout the font
    5) Not true. Doesnt come from android. Uses Swiftkey for word prediction, but the adaptive keyboard + swiping gestures + multi language + fret design is all blackberry.
    02-09-13 12:55 AM
    No, get an android.
    I like the cut of your jibb.
    02-09-13 12:56 AM
    We should not have to, if that is what you feel will accomplish what you need and has everything you need you should try it, do as you please and have fun with whatever OS you choose....
    02-09-13 12:58 AM
    But Android has Google behind it. Who does BB have??
    US
    Dapper37, dosto, npunk42 and 4 others like this.
    02-09-13 01:00 AM
    There has to be some compelling reasons to not go to Android though.
    Malware - supposd to be bad on Android right?
    Build quality - I'm sure its not as good as BB.

Right??
    02-09-13 01:00 AM
    Typing from a powerful android :

No bbm, good looking android phones mostly don't have replaceable batteries, no hub (I so wish my phone had that)

which android keyboard has Bb10 keyboard? Pls let me know. Will buy immediately

No gestures.. Either a button or clumsy capacitive ones which aren't nearly as nice as the ones on my playbook.

But android is terrific too. I am quite happy with my Sony. Does all I need and has apps I want. Will wait till Bb10 gets popular and gets the apps before shifting

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    02-09-13 01:02 AM
    I've ALWAYS used a Windows Phone but then got my hands on an HD2 and flashed android. I decided to try out BB and was hooked. I switch between WP8 and BB, I'm now on my 9900. Android has too much going on, constant updates and security issues. I think it's great for kids. I won't touch the 'all seeing eye' either. lol!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-09-13 01:02 AM
    Ok, this is simple. Test drive an Android phone, then test drive a Z10 when it is available. That is the fair way to do it. But I advise that you avoid a cheapo Android, because higher end is where the best experience will be found. You will find arguments in many directions. I use/have used both systems, as you see from my signature line. I'm a BB guy having run both systems in the last year, including the 9670, Photon, and SIII. I use all of them stock, without trying to make them do all kinds things by hacking them.

I love BB, it's how I got my start. I'm not sour or bitter on them like some have gone. I went into the other side because of an app issue, but the experience has been worthwhile. I've learned quite a bit, the systems are similar, but different. I honestly like both, and use the SIII because it suits my needs until I can have BB 10. It also gave me experience in dealing with the full-touch interface. It multitasks well. It lets me play in the LTE sandbox. I want BB 10 to be a worthy move.

I can tell you about the differences between driving a Corvette or another brand of sports car, but until you feel the differences yourself, anything else is merely anecdotal.
    02-09-13 01:13 AM
    Typing from a powerful android :

No bbm, good looking android phones mostly don't have replaceable batteries, no hub (I so wish my phone had that)

which android keyboard has Bb10 keyboard? Pls let me know. Will buy immediately

No gestures.. Either a button or clumsy capacitive ones which aren't nearly as nice as the ones on my playbook.

But android is terrific too. I am quite happy with my Sony. Does all I need and has apps I want. Will wait till Bb10 gets popular and gets the apps before shifting

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    I've been waiting months and months for BB10. Not willing to wait much longer for basic Google Apps.
    Hopefully the apps kick in before Galaxy s4.
    02-09-13 01:13 AM
    I've ALWAYS used a Windows Phone but then got my hands on an HD2 and flashed android. I decided to try out BB and was hooked. I switch between WP8 and BB, I'm now on my 9900. Android has too much going on, constant updates and security issues. I think it's great for kids. I won't touch the 'all seeing eye' either. lol!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Android has military contracts its plenty secure. It has a plethora of office suite features, so to wrote it off to children is just silly, you think Google tracks you more than Microsoft? I also don't think "constant updates" is either accurate or bad. Android gets 1-2 updates per year. My phone is 2 years old and I'm running the latest version of Android. Right now there is no feature set that BlackBerry has over Android, and there are many many threads popping up of people realizing that bb10 is actually lacking in business / communications features standardized on other platforms now. The nexus 4 is arguably the best android option right now and its $50. $50 for the best offering. That's no coincidence, Google is attacking bb10. Their removal of exchange active sync timed perfectly to the release of bb10, telling windows phone users no gmail app, and dropping the price of their flagship device to $50 this week are all intentional moves to halt bb10. I wouldn't expect to see Google apps on bb10
    02-09-13 01:18 AM
    Ok, this is simple. Test drive an Android phone, then test drive a Z10 when it is available. That is the fair way to do it. But I advise that you avoid a cheapo Android, because higher end is where the best experience will be found. You will find arguments in many directions. I use/have used both systems, as you see from my signature line. I'm a BB guy having run both systems in the last year, including the 9670, Photon, and SIII. I use all of them stock, without trying to make them do all kinds things by hacking them.

I love BB, it's how I got my start. I'm not sour or bitter on them like some have gone. I went into the other side because of an app issue, but the experience has been worthwhile. I've learned quite a bit, the systems are similar, but different. I honestly like both, and use the SIII because it suits my needs until I can have BB 10. It also gave me experience in dealing with the full-touch interface. It multitasks well. It lets me play in the LTE sandbox. I want BB 10 to be a worthy move.

I can tell you about the differences between driving a Corvette or another brand of sports car, but until you feel the differences yourself, anything else is merely anecdotal.
    Very helpful though, thank you.
    Any Android app tidbits you care to share will be eagerly heard. I'm super-scared of which Android keyboard I'd use (and absolutely need word substitution ie auto-text). Also need to be able to send sms to contact group which includes email addresses and sms's (ie sms to sms and sms to email with 1 button touch)
    02-09-13 01:19 AM
    Android has military contracts its plenty secure. It has a plethora of office suite features, so to wrote it off to children is just silly, you think Google tracks you more than Microsoft? I also don't think "constant updates" is either accurate or bad. Android gets 1-2 updates per year. My phone is 2 years old and I'm running the latest version of Android. Right now there is no feature set that BlackBerry has over Android, and there are many many threads popping up of people realizing that bb10 is actually lacking in business / communications features standardized on other platforms now. The nexus 4 is arguably the best android option right now and its $50. $50 for the best offering. That's no coincidence, Google is attacking bb10
    Very interesting. So you'd suggest N4 over S3? May I ask why?
    02-09-13 01:20 AM
    Very interesting. So you'd suggest N4 over S3? May I ask why?
    Its cheaper and a stock android device, so you get updates from Google as they're released with no delay and no ugly skin from Samsung being stock android.
    02-09-13 01:23 AM
    Its cheaper and a stock android device, so you get updates from Google as they're released with no delay and no ugly skin from Samsung being stock android.
    Nice, Am I wrong in saying Google Now looks utterly sick?
    Can I ask do you use stock keyboard or an app?
    02-09-13 01:25 AM
    Very helpful though, thank you.
    Any Android app tidbits you care to share will be eagerly heard. I'm super-scared of which Android keyboard I'd use (and absolutely need word substitution ie auto-text). Also need to be able to send sms to contact group which includes email addresses and sms's (ie sms to sms and sms to email with 1 button touch)
    There is a paid AutoText keyboard app available, but I've not yet invested in it. I use the stock Samsung keyboard and like it just fine. I'd only used a virtual keyboard on an iPhone prior to using the Photon and absolutely hated it. But one dose of haptic feedback on a BlackBerry, then an Android keyboard, and my mindset changed.

Added the image to show that groups can be used. Something I haven't played with much, as I've nlbeen busy with other things, lately. The nice thing, I swiped that screenshot with the edge of my hand, dragged down the notification bar, shared it to Photobucket, swiped down when the image uploaded, copied the link, and shared it in the post in about 20 seconds. The integration in Samsung is getting closer to what I was used to in BB, and I'm still having fun learning it. Just as I look forward to BB 10. I like learning new stuff.
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    02-09-13 01:27 AM
    There is a paid AutoText keyboard app available, but I've not yet invested in it. I use the stock Samsung keyboard and like it just fine. I'd only used a virtual keyboard on an iPhone prior to using the Photon and absolutely hated it. But one dose of haptic feedback on a BlackBerry, then an Android keyboard, and my mindset changed.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2791c549.png
    Nice, ok so you use S3. Looks like S3 has removable battery. That might be reason alone to choose that instead of Nexus 4. Unless there are portable charging options for Nexus 4?
    02-09-13 01:29 AM

I want to stay with BB.

Help!!
    why do you want to stay with BB?
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-09-13 01:30 AM
    why do you want to stay with BB?
    Been with BB since 8830, love how its fast, efficient.
    But now I'm married to Google Voice and need a good Cloud too (I'm a Mac guy but dont like iPhone).
    BB is losing apps, I dont want to "hope" I can still use Gmail, Google Voice etc.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-09-13 01:32 AM
    You should just decide it for yourself tbh, no one can really convince you..they'll just post facts and new things which are better then the android and then an argument might stir up blah blah blah..if you don't like it return it, if you do like it then you do..simple..no one's forcing you here.
    Residing and Thunderbuck like this.
    02-09-13 01:33 AM
271 123 ...