Okay Crackberry Members. Thanks for reading my post. I have an AT&T iPhone 4G currently and have acquired an older model Blackberry Bold(was also AT&T) and I'd like to switch completely to the blackberry (not swapping the sim card in and out). As I am sure it's not just as easy taking the sim card out of my iPhone 4 and putting it in said Blackberry. I was wondering what channels I would have to go to to get my phone # transferred to the blackberry and whatever other things are applied to my account. Any help would be much appreciated.
    02-22-12 12:40 AM
    you would have to contact your provider.

i actually do think that the sim would just go into the BB and it should be fine.
    sdoth likes this.
    02-22-12 12:49 AM
    Thanks for the quick feedback.
    02-22-12 12:50 AM
    a Simple SIM switch will work for phone, SMS, & web browsing. BUT email & BBM will require BIS. For that you will have to contact your provider.

btw just a heads up. an iPhone 4 is not as good as current OS 7 BlackBerrys, but if your trading it for an older BB, you will notice a decrease in performance...May I ask why your switching to an older BB?
    sdoth likes this.
    02-22-12 01:22 AM
    FYI, you can't just swap the Sims, the iphone 4 uses a micro sim and that won't fit in the blackberry's sim slot. Also the data plans are incompatible. Your going to have to go to the store and get a regular sim card, the rep will know what to do.
    sdoth likes this.
    02-22-12 01:57 AM
    I bet 4G kills the battery
    sdoth likes this.
    02-22-12 02:44 AM
    02-22-12 05:13 AM
    There are sim-card adapters to "convert" the micro-sim for use, but you'll have to buy it.

Do note that normal data will not work on BB and you should get a BIS plan too. Kindly check with your carrier.
    sdoth likes this.
    02-22-12 08:24 AM
    There is an iPhone 4G?
    sdoth likes this.
    02-22-12 08:29 AM
    ATT will swap the sim out for you for free if you ask. You'll need to switch to a Blackberry plan for data (this is the BIS service), and make sure you tell them to keep your unlimited data if you have it.
    sdoth likes this.
    02-22-12 09:44 AM
    a Simple SIM switch will work for phone, SMS, & web browsing. BUT email & BBM will require BIS. For that you will have to contact your provider.

btw just a heads up. an iPhone 4 is not as good as current OS 7 BlackBerrys, but if your trading it for an older BB, you will notice a decrease in performance...May I ask why your switching to an older BB?
    Well.. in my search for the answer to my question, I came across an article that said: "10% of what I do on my iPhone can't be done on a blackberry, 90% of what I do on my iPhone I can do much better on a blackberry." And the older BB was free, I'm not at a trade in point in my contract.

Thank you all VERY much for your help. It is much appreciated.
    02-22-12 01:02 PM
    Deleted. Misread the question on my small screen
    Last edited by jgomez5710; 02-22-12 at 04:39 PM.
    02-22-12 04:15 PM
    I switched from an Iphone 4 to the bold, and then to the curve. (Long story). I honestly perfer the Iphone 4 over the bold 9780. But. I have been with the 9900 for a week. And it's definitely better than the iphone 4. You won't regret it!

If you had an unlimited data plan yoiu won't have problems, when switching to the blackberry.

Best Regards
    Djsporting

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    02-22-12 04:28 PM
    I can't let this go uncalled out.

Its called the iPhone 4.
    Not the iPhone 4G.
    02-22-12 04:33 PM
    The iPhone4 has a micro sim. The Bold uses a regular size sim. I think you'll have to get a different sim card. Won't be able to just swap back and forth. I know I had this issue when I had a Torch and a 4. Different size sim cards.
    02-22-12 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD