As I was listening to Slacker on my Tour today, I decided to open the camera program to take a picture of something, but I noticed the music stops whenever I have the camera open.

Is this a hardware or an OS limitation? Do other Blackberries have this problem as well?
    04-01-10 11:09 PM
    Same here with the storm 1 slacker cuts out when the camera is open.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 11:46 PM
    Copy that on my bold 9700. OS
    04-02-10 05:41 PM
    I guess the devices canNOT multi-task what I would call MEDIA apps. Yup, just tested my Tour with OS 5 .419 hybrid. Just playing an mp3 and opened camera and the music stopped. Closed camera and music restarted.
    04-02-10 07:07 PM
    Doesn't work on my Storm 9530 with both the media player and slacker.
    04-02-10 09:54 PM
    I happened to notice this yesterday running Pandora on my 9700 with a 586 hybrid OS. I mentioned it in the thread for the hybrid, and someone responded that it's intentional behavior.

Supposedly it's a security/privacy "feature". I suppose it goes along with the shutter sound. If you're playing music, I guess your unknowing "target" might not hear the shutter sound.

Honestly, the whole concept is ridiculous and annoying to me. I tried activating the QuickLaunch mute app to see if that would let me keep listening to music. Unfortunately that didn't work. Guess it's something we have to deal with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 10:34 PM