Hi all, I looked to see if something was already posted about this but couldn't find so excuse if it exists elsewhere.

The other day I rented a car that had an auxillary "port" which allowed me to hook my BlackBerry and play music through the car's stereo. I like very much.

Short of buying a new stereo, is there an adapter which I can use to provide the interface between my phone and stereo? My car is a 1999 Subaru Outback with the stock stereo. It has a CD and cassette player. What would I call such a device to search for it?

Oh, I already have the little battery operated jack thingy which sends the signal to a pre-determined radio station but that doesn't always work if a radio station is broadcasting on that frequency. And, it's battery operated...

Thank you for any advice.
    Last edited by Zina_berry; 02-13-12 at 08:50 AM. Reason: grammar
    02-13-12 08:49 AM
    Google "cd cassette adaptor" and you will find a handy little gizmo that does the job.
    Zina_berry likes this.
    02-13-12 08:57 AM
    +1 for cassette adapter. It sounds a lot better than the fm transmitter!
    Zina_berry likes this.
    02-13-12 09:30 AM
    K, I bought a cassette adapter off of Amazon. All the comments were very positive...at least for those for whom the adapter works. It did not work for me; the player kept ejecting it.
    02-21-12 11:45 AM
    K, I bought a cassette adapter off of Amazon. All the comments were very positive...at least for those for whom the adapter works. It did not work for me; the player kept ejecting it.
    Mine does this too if I have no audio going through the cassette. Try starting your music on the BB first with adapter plugged in phone, insert adapter into player, if it's ejected on that side, flip the tape over and reinsert. Hope I could help. Good luck.
    02-21-12 12:01 PM
    I have the cassette issue everytime someone ejects it and it annoys me to know end but don't give up, keep trying and eventually it will stay.
    I always keep my Blackberry playing and shut the stereo on and off and it seems to work after awhile.
    It is quite frustrating but so worth it in the end.
    02-21-12 02:18 PM
    a 1999 Subaru Outback with the stock stereo. It has a CD and cassette player. What would I call such a device to search for it?
    Did you read the thread? "a casette adapter"
    02-22-12 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD