i swear it DID work once, when playing a Roy Mercer video, now though whenever i try it loads the little player, acts like it is buffering, then nothing. shows the bottom stuff (play/pause, etc) and then that goes away, leaving me with a black screen that does nothing. it is unrecoverable until i pull the battery, wait the half hour for the device to reboot, and it does this each time now. what is wrong? is Youtube no longer functional on my BB now?
    09-06-11 06:27 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?
    09-06-11 06:40 PM
    i just said that to restore the device i do have to pull the battery. but relaunching the app just causes it to freeze again. it worked one time now it freezes each time. not sure why?

the app does load, i can search videos and such, but trying to *play* a video locks the phone right up. not sure what it is not doing because i remember playing one video before this started
    09-06-11 06:45 PM
    I'd still try it.

Also check the app permissions.
    09-06-11 06:47 PM
    the permissions as i recall have not changed. it worked one time a month back now each try just subsquently locks the phone up. i have battery pulled three times because when it freezes nothing responds. i even tried a different player and it does the same thing, can't go back to home screen and nothing responds. it just sits there with a blank screen. until i pull the battery.
    09-06-11 06:49 PM
    How much File Free Memory do you have left? Do you have a lot of apps running in the background? Installed something new lately that may be conflicting? Deleted your browser cache ever? too many variables to pinpoint without more info. But it sounds like you need to clean house.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 10:56 PM
    i never allow apps to continue in the background (eats the battery up) and i have about 90.3 MB free according to App World. this must have just started. the one time i played a video successfully was when i first had my BB for only a week. a month back. now every attempt loads the app fine, i can search, and see the results and such, but trying to *play* a video goes to the player, buffer, then nothing. blank screen. it will remain blank and the phone completely unresponsive until i pull the battery--it is locked up so badly the backlight won't even go out. battery pulls bring the phone back to normal but the apps don't work anymore i actually consider Youtube a vital app. is there any players for it somewhere else besides App World i do not know of yet? perhaps both the ones on App World got corrupted or unsupported somehow? other than this the phone is amazingly stable and pretty fast. all other apps, games, etc work fine.

i wonder if i can go to m.youtube.com and play a video that way. i will attempt that and come back

EDIT: the m.youtube.com site works fine. odd. guess i can delete the dead apps and save the memory.
    Last edited by nickdalzell1; 09-07-11 at 12:08 AM.
    09-07-11 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD