And if you're waiting for a BB10 Priv, prepare yourself to wait perpetually into eternity.
    OK. And you prepare yourself to wait forever for an HUB experience comparable to the one on BlackBerry 10, to totally miss the flow and don't be surprised if the OS performance of your handset will degrade in few months.

As I said, there's plenty of other Android OEM out there that cost less. There 's more: the BlackBerry suite will be available on Google for everyone.

I'm not sold to apps and Google's operating system: I had more than one Android handset and my choice is BlackBerry10 until it's available.

___BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    1raygin and anon(3983727) like this.
    11-04-15 10:00 PM
    I am curious to see how this device will do. My son wanted a Priv to replace his aging Z10. But the price is more than I want to pay for a phone for him. And he really likes OS10. So we will probably get the Leap. He has an android tablet that he uses for games etc. He really likes BB10. We have an LG G3 and S6 in our home too.

Posted via Classic
    11-04-15 10:07 PM
    Agreed don't believe there will ever be a bb10 Priv. And for those BlackBerry 10 users saying that they will prefer another OEM android to a blackberry android i ask why? This is a blackberry but with the apps.

Posted via CB10
    No its an android. The only thing that's BlackBerry is the keyboard and the name.

Posted via CB10
    JulesDB likes this.
    11-05-15 02:25 AM
    I am curious to see how this device will do. My son wanted a Priv to replace his aging Z10. But the price is more than I want to pay for a phone for him. And he really likes OS10. So we will probably get the Leap. He has an android tablet that he uses for games etc. He really likes BB10. We have an LG G3 and S6 in our home too.
    Get him a Z30. Cheaper and better.
    JulesDB likes this.
    11-05-15 04:23 AM

Posted via Classic
    Get your son a Z30. He would be over the moon. Trust me. I know I am!

Waiting for the next high end full touch BB10!
    11-05-15 06:07 AM
    I always heard playing with your Priv will cause blindness
    And hairy palms

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:19 AM
    I leave you with the illusion of having a BlackBerry with the apps.

As all the first review already pointed out, it's just a stock Android with some added security apps, totally lacks the flow and shows and the HUB experience is far from the one we are used to.

If you want to know why looking for another OEM Android that's why: I don't need any pkb anymore, Androids are all the same cause the OS can't be secured and last but not least, at 700 $ you can buy two OnePlus 2 with same, if not better, specs.

In my opinion and experience, Android is a mediocre OS, period.

With all that people already on the Android bandwagon I'm not surprised if Crackberry disappears in few months.

Betamax was better than VHS. VHS won and Betamax ended up a niche product.
    11-05-15 06:45 AM
    Betamax was better than VHS. VHS won and Betamax ended up a niche product.
    True. I never follow popular tendencies, I only want what suits my needs.

I always knew to be on the smart niche... :-P

11-05-15 06:57 AM
    BB10 isn't gone forever. If the technology is sound, it will resurface when the market asks for it.
    As of right now, not enough of the market is asking for it to sustain it.
    I see BB10 resurfacing in a year or 2 on OHA member devices that wish to compete in the more secure business space. But the transition needs to be made from Android to something that is Android compatible. BB10 fits the bill.
    Chen has always said that they were going to be a software company for many devices....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-05-15 07:31 AM

And if you're waiting for a BB10 Priv, prepare yourself to wait perpetually into eternity.
    I agree

Posted via CB10
    bb10adopter111 likes this.
    11-05-15 07:34 AM
    If you just go by the title, you'll think that the Priv is a toy. Anyway, hope it sells well.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:35 AM
    Get him a Z30. Cheaper and better.
    Do not like the screen.

Posted via Classic
    11-05-15 05:13 PM
    Do not like the screen.

Posted via Classic
    In additional to the brighter LCD screen, the one other thing the Leap has going for it over the Z30 is its much better LTE compatibility.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-05-15 05:15 PM
    In additional to the brighter LCD screen, the one other thing the Leap has going for it over the Z30 is its much better LTE compatibility.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    I played with the Z30 when I had my Z10 and didn't like it much. The amoled screen, the feel and the apperceive appearance did not appeal to me.

Posted via Classic
    11-05-15 05:43 PM
    Held one in my hands today. Sample model from a Bell rep that I know.
    Feels and looks great, I was a little disappointed at the quality of the keyboard.
    Can't wait to play with a working Priv

posted by either my Passport or S6 Edge, depending on my mood.
    11-05-15 05:58 PM
    BB10 isn't gone forever. If the technology is sound, it will resurface when the market asks for it.
    As of right now, not enough of the market is asking for it to sustain it.
    I see BB10 resurfacing in a year or 2 on OHA member devices that wish to compete in the more secure business space. But the transition needs to be made from Android to something that is Android compatible. BB10 fits the bill.
    Chen has always said that they were going to be a software company for many devices...
    Sounds a whole lot like what WebOS fans were saying 3 years ago, but that didn't come to pass for much the same reason - no OEM is going to pay BB to license BB10, with it's limited app availability and proven record of being non-viable for BB itself (which didn't have to pay extra for a license) when they can license Android or WinPhone for free. And, yes, even enterprises are adopting Android, and to a lesser degree WinPhone (and I expect that to increase with WP10).

I realize you're a BB10 fan, and I get it, but you're just setting yourself, and a few others who want to believe you, up for a big disappointment.
    outlooker likes this.
    11-05-15 06:34 PM
    Looks like it has the famous red blinking light ? (which is one of my favorite BlackBerry features)

BB, Still the One
    11-05-15 06:48 PM
    Extract the apks extract the apks for God's sake!!!

Posted from my super awesome and incredible BlackBerry Passport
    11-05-15 07:18 PM
    Sounds a whole lot like what WebOS fans were saying 3 years ago, but that didn't come to pass for much the same reason - no OEM is going to pay BB to license BB10, with it's limited app availability and proven record of being non-viable for BB itself (which didn't have to pay extra for a license) when they can license Android or WinPhone for free. And, yes, even enterprises are adopting Android, and to a lesser degree WinPhone (and I expect that to increase with WP10).

I realize you're a BB10 fan, and I get it, but you're just setting yourself, and a few others who want to believe you, up for a big disappointment.
    But I can still believe in Leprechauns riding tamed unicorns in Thanksgiving parade this year right?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:02 PM
    But I can still believe in Leprechauns riding tamed unicorns in Thanksgiving parade this year right?
    Well, sure, of course. THAT is actually possible.
    11-05-15 10:24 PM

Maybe BB10 will be used in TVs someday like WebOS by LG. If that happens the terms ''Tools not Toys" and "I'm more productive with my TV" will start cropping up again
    11-06-15 09:19 AM
    Ordered from rogers today, out of stock, should be an extra 2-3 days they said

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:11 AM
    Arrghh can't wait! Nice man
    Interesting photo you have there, very interesting.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:32 AM
    Ordered from rogers today, out of stock, should be an extra 2-3 days they said

Posted via CB10
    Not this out of stock garbage again seriously!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:34 AM
    Interesting photo you have there, very interesting.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, ?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:48 PM
54 123