Does no BB10 mean no software updates at all? That's the impression I get, which means they're slowly pulling the plug on the tab market. Which has me not very happy at all. I don't want any of the other options out there. But I don't want to be stuck with this piece of hardware that becomes less useful to me by the day, either.
    Thor did suggest that they would continue to support the PlayBook in the existing OS. I wonder if that means the updates will continue to come.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    06-28-13 09:00 AM
    Seriously, can someone please tell me why I should get another BlackBerry device, Z10 or Q10, with sh_it like this? I used to be for BlackBerry, now I'm on the fence...
    Don't get another BB device, I dropped my PB and bought last week a Sony Xperia Z tablet (awesome). My Z10 is my last BB device.
    06-28-13 09:02 AM
    Everybody was expecting that they will keep their promise?
    Why Should they?
    bekkay likes this.
    06-28-13 09:05 AM
    It's quite likely that the ones who were looking forward to BB10 on the Playbook were the ones who liked to use their phone and Playbook together....which could be done fully with the legacy device. Now the user has moved on with his/her BB10 phone and the Playbook languishes behind being no more that a tablet that is now lacking. If updates come through for BB10 bridge which might help the situation, and if software updates make some of the apps more usable then the Playbook might jot be too bad. but if it is left lingering a slow death then it might be that some move to the dark side for tablet and phone that tether and work together as the Playbook and legacy used to.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:16 AM
    I know PlayBook owners are disappointed but his resoan might be right...whats the point of having a bad experience of BB10 on PlayBook when it's hardware is not up to it standards...BlackBerry would love to load bb10 on PlayBook to increase its bb10 subscriber base but seems like it's not a good technical option.

Posted via CB10
    I think most people are disappointed with the broken promise. Don't promise something you cannot do.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    06-28-13 09:26 AM
    Yeah, no excuses there.
    bekkay likes this.
    06-28-13 09:29 AM
    This is not really surprising. Everyone was mentioning that with 1GB RAM, performance of BB10 on Playbook will crap. There were some mentioning that they can remove the Hub, but anyone with solid software development experience knows that something so ingrained in the OS such as the Hub will take a LOT of effort (read MANY MANY months) to remove if you don't have any army of developers working on it. They will obviously not put an army of developers on it since they don't make any money from it.
    iOS 7 will be compatible with iPad 2. BBRY made a big mistake in not giving PB the hardware to be forward compatible for at least a couple of generations of OS. This was something we've seen time and time again in BBRY devices, but this time was supposed to be different...
    06-28-13 09:36 AM
    iOS 7 will be compatible with iPad 2. BBRY made a big mistake in not giving PB the hardware to be forward compatible for at least a couple of generations of OS. This was something we've seen time and time again in BBRY devices, but this time was supposed to be different...
    I think the PlayBook has better hardware than the iPad 2

06-28-13 09:43 AM
    One broken promise to many, instead of wasting time delaying the anouncement why not develop a 2.5 for the playbook with better browser etc and announce that we can't give you bb10 but this is gonna hey you halfway there......

Just bad news and no upside- Just we will support thr playbook which has added next to nothing since its release....

Sent from my LT26i using CB Forums mobile app
    06-28-13 10:04 AM
    I think the PlayBook has better hardware than the iPad 2

Yet the iPad2 can run the latest iOS and the Playbook can't run BB10.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    06-28-13 10:05 AM
    I'm sorry, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they didn't say "we promise no matter what we will get bb10 on playbook"

They had a team working on it and the found that it was taking too much resources and money to overall the whole os to work on the playbook so they stopped. This stuff happens. Stop acting like your girlfriend cheated on you.
    06-28-13 10:12 AM
    Yet the iPad2 can run the latest iOS and the Playbook can't run BB10.
    Yeah well bb10 wasn't created when playbook came out. That comparison makes no sense.
    06-28-13 10:14 AM
    Everybody was expecting that they will keep their promise?
    Um...ok

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    06-28-13 10:17 AM
    I'm sorry, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they didn't say "we promise no matter what we will get bb10 on playbook"

They had a team working on it and the found that it was taking too much resources and money to overall the whole os to work on the playbook so they stopped. This stuff happens. Stop acting like your girlfriend cheated on you.
    I don't care if they promised it or not. The customer has an expectation that the company will support their product for a period of time. Apple is setting the standard by updating devices all the way back to iPad2 with its forthcoming OS update. BBRY needs to exceed these expectations if it wants to compete. BBRY is paying lip service to their loyal fan base when they say PB will continue to be supported when in fact, the device has been severely neglected since PBOS2.0.
    newcollector likes this.
    06-28-13 10:25 AM
    Days like today make me really glad not to be invested in blackberry at all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    06-28-13 10:31 AM

I am very sure Thor said, BB10 will be made available on the PlayBook. It is sad that they chose this platform to address this issue. Should have been more elaborate with the PlayBook to appease the users.

06-28-13 10:33 AM
    Seriously, can someone please tell me why I should get another BlackBerry device, Z10 or Q10, with sh_it like this? I used to be for BlackBerry, now I'm on the fence...
    Not on the fence at all. I will not purcahse a new Z10, Q10, Q5, R5, Aristo, or any other device. Times get tough and BBRY will just cut an run. "Sorry, didn't work, here's a 1 finger salute. Thanks for supporting BBRY." No credibilty - no open wallet from me.
    06-28-13 11:03 AM
    Just a thought, maybe bbry isn't moving forward with the pb because they plan on licensing bb10 to sony......

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:09 AM
    Don't **** on my leg and tell me it's raining! Bottom line is that they went back on their word. I couldn't have cared less if they told us last year it isn't going to happen. Bought another playbook the other week expecting the update in August. Now I look at my playbooks as if the doctor told me they have cancer. In the end it's a matter of principle. They Lied, and that's not ...... the way it's done, lost all respect.

Z10 Rocking 10.2.0.341
    06-28-13 11:13 AM
    06-28-13 11:15 AM
45 12