I just noticed this in the press release announcing the retail partners.

BlackBerry PlayBook Specifications
    • 7" 1024x600 WSVGA capacitive LCD touch screen
    • Ultra-portable at less than a pound and less than one-half inch thick: 0.9 lbs (425g) and 5.1” x 7.6” x 0.4” (130mm x 194mm x 10mm)
    • 1 GHz dual-core processor
    • BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
    • MP3, AAC and WMA audio playback
    • Support for high resolution video playback (H.264, MPEG4, WMV)
    • 1080p HDMI output
    • Dual 1080p HD cameras for video conferencing and video capture (3MP front and 5MP rear)
    • 1 GB RAM memory
    • Up to 64 GB internal storage (16, 32 and 64 GB models)
    • GPS, Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), 6-Axis Motion Sensor (Gyroscope), Digital Compass (Magnetometer)
    • Stereo speakers and stereo microphones
    • Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n) connectivity
    • Bluetooth 2.1+EDR support
    03-22-11 06:55 AM
    Nice find. I mean we knew of the accel but I guess the others are pretty cool as well.

I don't know what we can so with it anyways. Haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 07:00 AM
    Yep I thought it would be silly for them to only have a accelerometer. Plus one of the videos mentioned a gyroscope early on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 07:00 AM
    I don't know what we can so with it anyways. Haha.
    These sensors are primarily used together for Augmented Reality apps like Wikitude.
    03-22-11 07:07 AM
    Hope its true... so they will have same feature than the ipad2... other important thing is, does anyone know about the battery life time?
    03-22-11 03:14 PM
    Hope its true... so they will have same feature than the ipad2... other important thing is, does anyone know about the battery life time?
    Typically, no one except RIM knows about battery life until this thing is released and in user's hands.

By the way, some iPad 2 models don't have GPS.
    03-22-11 03:17 PM
    Typically, no one except RIM knows about battery life until this thing is released and in user's hands.

The wifi ipad 2's don't have gps, but have very very very very very very very very very very very limited gps abilities when paired with a iphone. Wi-Fi-only iPad gains limited GPS ability when tethered to iPhone 4 | TiPb. While our Playbooks will have a gps built in both types.
    As far as battery life they were shooting for 12hrs i think (don't quote me on that). But i know for a fact "a full day" i what they were aiming for. All i hope is greater then 10hr or what the current ios on the ipad 4.5-6hrs on the ipad 2. They screwed up on the current build from what i read on tipb.
    Last edited by drethos; 03-22-11 at 03:31 PM.
    03-22-11 03:27 PM

Thanks for let me know, both things, about the way RIM let the clients know how long the battery life it is, and about the GPS...

Other question to you or anyone... Does the 16Gb version come with 3g or is just 32 Gb above?

Greetings and thanks.
    03-22-11 03:35 PM
    The wifi ipad 2's don't have gps, but have very very very very very very very very very very very limited gps abilities when paired with a iphone. Wi-Fi-only iPad gains limited GPS ability when tethered to iPhone 4 | TiPb. While our Playbooks will have a gps built in both types.
    As far as battery life they were shooting for 12hrs i think (don't quote me on that). But i know for a fact "a full day" i what they were aiming for. All i hope is greater then 10hr or what the current ios on the ipad 4.5-6hrs on the ipad 2. They screwed up on the current build from what i read on tipb.
    So since most of RIM's phones and now the Playbook have standalone GPS chips, when are they going to include Turn-by-Turn Navigation in Blackberry Maps? I want to put a Playbook dock in my car's dash and use it as a GPS.
    03-22-11 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD