I just bought a Plantronics Voyager Pro bluetooth headset. Is there a way to play audio from MP3's or flycast through the headset and not the built in speaker?
    01-23-10 02:03 PM
    Hello. Can anyone help please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 05:28 PM
    This app is a possibility, but unless a Bluetooth Headset is A2DP compatible, it doesn't.

01-23-10 05:35 PM
    I just bought a Plantronics Voyager Pro bluetooth headset. Is there a way to play audio from MP3's or flycast through the headset and not the built in speaker?
    I was not able to do this on my 9700 until I purchased the PodTrapper application(highly recommended), which will play media through my bluetooth headset.

My research on this problem suggests that many BB models will only stream media to a bluetooth headset if the headset offers the a2dp service. This protocol is mostly associated with stereo bluetooth headsets, but there are some mono a2dp compliant headsets available. I'm looking at the Jabra BT8010, which is available both in a stereo or monaural configuration.
    01-23-10 05:43 PM
    I bought a Jabra BT530 and loved the a2dp profile. The headset was horrible, it was uncomfortable, I kept having to repair it. When it connected to the 9700, it connected twice, once for a2dp and once for a standard headset. After I had to charge the battery 3 times in one week, I ended up taking it back and trading up for a Voyager Pro. I Love this headset and do not miss a2dp at all.
    01-23-10 05:57 PM
    I bought the Jabra BT530 Extreme yesterday. (BestBuy $79.99)
    It works GREAT for streaming music.
    I haven't tested many of the other functionality's yet (Noise cancellation, Voice clarity,battery life etc.)

After trying a few combo's of the included earbuds & earloops, I found a comfortable fit.

I'll report back as I test it out more.
    01-23-10 06:06 PM
    I'm glad it works for you. I guess I should have done more research before I bought my Voyager earphones.

01-23-10 07:43 PM
    I wanted the Voyager because of the great reviews but that thing is HUGE lol
    01-23-10 07:48 PM
    I'm glad it works for you. I guess I should have done more research before I bought my Voyager earphones.

Ahh, it's all in the things we learn, oftentimes too late to do any good. We may not find the right questions to ask until we've stumbled onto a problem.

01-23-10 09:56 PM
    I bought the Jabra BT530 Extreme yesterday. (BestBuy $79.99)
    It works GREAT for streaming music.
    I haven't tested many of the other functionality's yet (Noise cancellation, Voice clarity,battery life etc.)

After trying a few combo's of the included earbuds & earloops, I found a comfortable fit.

I'll report back as I test it out more.
    That's what I have (Although I paid $30 shipped ).

I can listen to music just fine... It is kind of uncomfortable after a while.

Without the loop, mine slips out very easily.

It seems that all the buds it came with are the same??? There's like 7 of them and they seem to, essentially, all be the same...
    01-23-10 10:03 PM
    Guess that's why it cost $30.

Jk

Where did u purchase for $30?
    Mine came with 3 different earbuds, 2 earloops, car charger, wall and USB charger.

01-23-10 10:11 PM
    I got a Plantronics Voyager 855 and it works great for streaming music. I paid about USD$52 through Amazon.com.

01-24-10 12:13 AM
    The Voyager 855 also comes with cables. Do you listen to the streaming music with the cables or with bluetooth?
    01-24-10 08:28 AM
    The Voyager 855 doesn't come with cables like your are meaning. One of the earloops has a cable built into it with an earbud that runs from the headset to your other ear for the stereo capability.

However, it is possible to listen to stereo content with just the mono headset. It is not necessary to have the second earbud plugged into the main unit. I listen to Slacker, Pandora, and all the music on my media card with just the mono headset in my left ear without using any kind of third party app. It pauses when a call comes in and generally resumes when I hang up. Sometimes since I have loaded 5.0 I'll have to unpause the music to get it going again.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions on the Voyager 855 let me know, I have had this one for about 7 months and I have pretty much abused it.
    01-24-10 10:23 AM
    This app is a possibility, but unless a Bluetooth Headset is A2DP compatible, it doesn't.

I am not sure if it is my new Icon (jawbone) earpiece or OS 5, but btplay no longer works for sending music to the "mono" earpiece. I have not tried it in a while, so, again, I do not know if OS 5 broke it or the Icon is incompatible.
    01-24-10 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD