I'm in the market for a new bluetooth headset and from looking at the reviews for both, they both seem to have their ups and downs. So I wanted to get some user opinions. If any people have either, both, or experience with both feedback is welcomed. Thank you, in advanced, for helping me make an informed decision.
    11-27-08 11:25 PM
    would like same info
    11-28-08 08:49 AM
    I use the Discovery 925 and love it. Calls are clear and people on the other end tell me i sound perfect. I have been told by a few people with the Jawbone that it focuses too much on trying to drown out backround noise and calls can become unclear...
    11-28-08 10:07 AM
    I use the Discovery 925 and love it. Calls are clear and people on the other end tell me i sound perfect. I have been told by a few people with the Jawbone that it focuses too much on trying to drown out backround noise and calls can become unclear...
    Couldn't agree more - had jawbone 2 and plantronics 925 and kept the 925. Great headset and great support.
    Jimbo
    11-29-08 02:48 PM
    I've never tried the Plantronics 925, but the Jawbone 2 is phenomenal, as far as the people I call go.

Whenever I'm talking directly from my phone, my wife asks me if I'm wearing my headset. When I'm talking through the Jawbone, she doesn't complain. And as I can tell you from working at a place where it's my job to refurbish garbage into something salable to consistently angry customers - No news is good news.

The only problem I have with the Jawbone 2 is that the earpiece doesn't seal around my ear, thus can be too quiet at times. The earpiece is super loud, but there are still those times when I'm on the highway & the sound of the wind starts creeping into my car. It's these times I wish I had that earpiece seal. I can't really squash the headset into my ear either, because just about any amount of pressure will end the call.

As for the 925, whenever a customer comes in wearing one, I notice that gravity does it's thing, which means he has to readjust his headset toward his mouth because the rubber earpiece is round and doesn't keep the headset in place.

I used to have that problem with my Jawbone 2, but they came out with these new rubber earpieces that look kind of like some earpieces offered through ebay. Search for "gel tips jawbone". I can't post links here yet.

Although the ones offered on ebay don't look as comfortable as the official Aliph ones I got, it's basically the same idea.

The protrusion that sticks out of the basic round rubber earpiece works great and really keeps the headset in place.

I've been thinking about trying the 925 because it can be connected to two devices simultaneously. These guys seem to like 'em because they are everything a bluetooth headset should be.

Sounds like the Plantronics is the real deal.

By the way, the Jawbone 2 looks absolutely ridiculous, which is my other gripe. My wife calls it "the d0uche bag award" headset. It really is stupid looking. I also broke the earloop after a week. That was okay because it forced me to get used to using just the earpiece, which, as we all know, uses earwax to keep it in place. I really had to get used to this.
    Last edited by tateros; 12-14-08 at 09:09 PM.
    12-14-08 08:56 PM
    which one allows u to hear music on it?
    07-16-09 02:08 AM
    Technologically, the 925 has nothing on JB.
    After using both of them, I've since upgraded from a JB2 to JB Prime. Even better.
    Although.... The price for the 925 has dropped, making it a worthwhile buy now.

~LB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 10:54 AM
    I have used both and think the 925 is far superior. The jb2 is loud on both sides, it just doesnt have the clarity of the 925. Neither perform very well in wind, but the 925 wins this battle too in my opinion.
    07-18-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD