I am a Treo 680 owner that is planning to migrate to the Blackberry Curve 8320. I do not have any experience with a blackberry so far (except for the 20mins that I played with the curve, which I enjoyed very much ) and I do have some clarifications that I hope some of you can help me with. Comments and suggestion are very much welcome.

1. Can I use the BB Desktop manager on a mac natively? Or do I need to use an alternative like the missing sync for BB?
    2. Can I install apps to the curve using the mac? Or do I need to install it via OTA?
    3. I'm going to buy the curve unlocked without any blackberry plan, but with an unlimited data plan. Are there any other concerns for this? Beside not having push email, are there any other things I need to be aware of?
    4. How long does it take to restart the curve after pulling the battery? Is it around 90 seconds or longer?
    5. Are there any following apps for the bb :
    a. RSS aggregator with podcast support
    b. Good IM client

I think that's all for now. Thanks and I hope to have the bb curve soon
    01-06-08 08:30 AM
    1.) You cant use Desktop manager with a mac!
    2.) OTA would be your best option even though it is possible to upload via ur pc.
    3.) Not too sure if this is possible...
    4.) That depends on how much memory you are using. It takes me about 1 minute if not less.
    5.) a.)???
    b) Jivetalk

Hope this helps!
    01-06-08 08:52 AM
    I switched to a Blackberry Curve from a Treo 700wx and couldn't be happier. I have to admit that I'm already addicted to my BB and its only been a week and a half.

I was a little apprehensive to make the swtich at first because of the lack of a touch screen on the BB but I haven't had any problem with the change. I don't miss my treo one bit.

The OVA download of apps. is so convenient and easy...just send a SMS or email to your BB and you've got the program on your BB. Simple and fast.
    01-07-08 07:12 PM
    I'm pretty sure there is something you can use with the mac. Not sure exactly what it is though, but the mac forums might help.
    01-07-08 11:51 PM
    Enjoy the change. 2 weeks ago I made the switch from treo to the 8830. Haven't looked back since. Missing Sync works great with my Mac. Enjoy and be Happy!!
    01-08-08 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD