I am curently with Alltel and am getting a little nervous with the Verizon merger. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any plans out there that are in comparison to the one that I currently have with Alltel, which works great for me. I am willing to switch providers after the merger. I currently have the 500 min smart phone plan for $89.99. This includes:
    -500Min
    -10 my circle
    -Free nights and weekends starting at 7PM
    -Unlimited email and internet
    -Blackberry service included
    -Unlimited texting
    -Free mobile to mobile.

With taxes roughly $105 a month. Thanks in advance!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 02:37 PM
    They'll most likely let you keep your current plan until you upgrade.

At least at&t did when they bought Dobson. I think if they force you to switch you can break the contract.

It looks like if you switch you'll lose 50 mins a month, 7 pm n&w's and pay more to boot. I'd stay on your current plan as long as possible.

Link to BB plans with VZW
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 07-27-08 at 02:50 PM.
    07-27-08 02:44 PM
    I am curently with Alltel and am getting a little nervous with the Verizon merger. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any plans out there that are in comparison to the one that I currently have with Alltel, which works great for me. I am willing to switch providers after the merger. I currently have the 500 min smart phone plan for $89.99. This includes:
    -500Min
    -10 my circle
    -Free nights and weekends starting at 7PM
    -Unlimited email and internet
    -Blackberry service included
    -Unlimited texting
    -Free mobile to mobile.

With taxes roughly $105 a month. Thanks in advance!!

Ok, basically you can get all that on Verizon for $79.98/month. Here's what you get:
    -450 minutes
    -Free nights and weekends starting at 9PM
    -Unlimited email and internet (The Blackberry service BIS)
    -Unlimited IN texting to Verizon plus 500 extra to non Verizon/month (this option costs $10/month, but you can upgrade to Unlimited IN texting plus 5000 additional texts to non verizon for only $20/month)
    -Unlimited (free) In calling

How does that sound?
    07-27-08 02:49 PM
    So exactly what I said, it'll end up costing her $10 more a month for less services.
    07-27-08 02:52 PM
    So exactly what I said, it'll end up costing her $10 more a month for less services.
    No you're wrong, it's actually $10 less a month with 50 minutes less??? 50 minutes is hardly a big deal at all
    07-27-08 02:54 PM
    That price is about what I pay T-mobile. I get 1000 minutes, unlimited data(BIS plan - internet, 10 email accounts), unlimited texts sms & mms, nights and wknds, 5 favs - any company, plus WiFi and UMA calling - UMA doesn't count against minutes. My total is $100 - $9.95 is for UMA calling. - I'm dropping this option for their $10 monthly fee for their version of VoiP - @home calling.

Lots of people will have better deals but I think your's is competitive.

07-27-08 02:55 PM
    No you're wrong, it's actually $10 less a month with 50 minutes less??? 50 minutes is hardly a big deal at all
    You're forgetting the texting cost which you noted in your above post but somehow forgot about already. It's another $20 a month for 5000 texts to non-Verizon customers which brings the price up to $99.99. $10 more than what she pays now for 50 less minutes a month, later nights and weekends AND non-unlimited texting. So yes, it is a big deal now, isn't it?

On top of that, it depends on where you live as to what your available plans are. I used an Ohio zip code when I looked, how bout you?
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 07-27-08 at 03:00 PM.
    07-27-08 02:55 PM
    You're forgetting the texting cost.
    No I clearly had it in my first post
    07-27-08 02:57 PM
    So the $79.98 cost you quoted includes the $20 a month for the extra texting?

You might wanna check that again.
    07-27-08 03:01 PM
    So the $79.98 cost you quoted includes the $20 a month for the extra texting?

You might wanna check that again.
    I specifically said it includes the $10/month texting plan and that you can upgrade to a huge plan for only $20/month... YOU might wanna check that again. And who knows if she even needs the hugest plan, we dont' know the OP's circumstances
    07-27-08 03:03 PM
    Again, plans in Ohio are different than California.

You might want to check that again.

They have a BB plan with unlimited texting for $99.99 a month in Ohio. But still losing 50 anytime minutes and 7 pm n&w's as well as her friends circle. Did I mention this was $10 more?
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 07-27-08 at 03:10 PM.
    07-27-08 03:04 PM

You're mistaken. First of all you don't even have Verizon, and you live in Pennsylvania. I've run the numbers like three times now. And according to the plan that I initially laid out, I am correct
    07-27-08 03:09 PM
    The plan you initially laid out doesn't directly compare to the one she has now.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any plans out there that are in comparison to the one that I currently have with Alltel, which works great for me.
    The plan that would as closely compare to the one she has now is $99.99 a month and she'll lose 50 anytime minutes, 7 PM n&w's and her friends circle on top of paying $10 more a month.
    07-27-08 03:13 PM

They have a BB plan with unlimited texting for $99.99 a month in Ohio. But still losing 50 anytime minutes and 7 pm n&w's as well as her friends circle. Did I mention this was $10 more?
    That's not the plan I outlined. We've been discussing my plan the whole time. I was never talking about this plan that you just mentioned to me.
    07-27-08 03:14 PM
    And as I said, the plan you were talking about doesn't directly compare to the one she has now.
    07-27-08 03:15 PM
    Guys, how about companies other than Verizon that might be competitive if the OP decides to switch.

07-27-08 03:18 PM
    And as I said, the plan you were talking about doesn't directly compare to the one she has now.
    Yes it does. The one you pointed out doesn't even offer UNLIMITED email and internet
    07-27-08 03:21 PM
    How about Sprint Simply Everything - $99. Unlimited everything... voice, text, email, internet, music, tv, gps.

07-27-08 03:21 PM
    How about Sprint Simply Everything - $99. Unlimited everything... voice, text, email, internet, music, tv, gps.

Yeah but no MMS
    07-27-08 03:23 PM
    If she's still under contract Verizon will hold her to the rest of it. Trust me I tried when at&t bought Dobson.

With at&t though, for $89.99 a month you get unlim data and messaging but still lose the 50 anytime minutes and 7 PM n&w's. So at&t would be a better deal for the money.
    07-27-08 03:25 PM
    Have no problem without it. Don't really need it - just send it to an email or the phone number email.
    Squashed that one....

07-27-08 03:26 PM
    Yes it does. The one you pointed out doesn't even offer UNLIMITED email and internet
    WHAT?!? You should look again....again.

Now get Unlimited Messaging with anyone in the U.S. on any network. At any time.

A bundled package with voice and wireless data for quick and easy remote access to email over your BlackBerry handheld.

* Data usage from within the National Enhanced Services and the Extended National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas
    * Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging to anyone on any network in the U.S.
    * Unlimited Anytime Minute plans include unlimited calling with anyone on any network in the U.S.
    * Unlimited National IN Calling to any Verizon Wireless Customer and Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes.
    07-27-08 03:27 PM
    WHAT?!? You should look again....again.
    Maybe you should read in the details section of the plan... it's limited to 5 GB
    07-27-08 03:28 PM
    Now get Unlimited Messaging with anyone in the U.S. on any network. At any time.

A bundled package with voice and wireless data for quick and easy remote access to email over your BlackBerry handheld.

* Data usage from within the National Enhanced Services and the Extended National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas
    * Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging to anyone on any network in the U.S.
    * Unlimited Anytime Minute plans include unlimited calling with anyone on any network in the U.S.
    * Unlimited National IN Calling to any Verizon Wireless Customer and Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes.
    NOWHERE does it say unlimited data
    07-27-08 03:30 PM
    That's a stipulation on ALL of their data plans. Even their "Unlimited" plan as well as the plan that you claimed to have unlimited data.

From their "Unlimited" plan...

A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice.
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 07-27-08 at 03:35 PM.
    07-27-08 03:32 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD