Yes yes i admit that i am a newb not to crackberrys but to this website...But my question is...Whenever i used to plug my phone into my laptop a message would come up on my blackberry screen saying usb is not suffient enough for charging so iwas always like whatever lol i didnt matter...but i just put a new theme on my blackberry and now it never says that when i plug it in...and now my phone actually charges when its plugged in to the computer.

Just wondering if anyone could explain whats going on?
    08-06-08 07:49 PM
    well, i'm stumped
    08-06-08 08:04 PM
    usually when it says insufficient memory, it means the desktop manager is not installed. that needs to be installed for your bb to properly charge, in your case, im not sure why your laptop changed its mind and decided now its ok to charge it.
    08-06-08 08:07 PM
    usually when it says insufficient memory,
    He didn't say insufficient memory.

Some computers do not produce the proper voltage to properly charge your BB. It will still charge it, but it might take longer, or not give you as "clean" a charge as plugging it into the wall. I don't think it will actually hurt your device to charge it that way, but to be on the safe side I'd use the wall adapter for charging.
    08-06-08 08:44 PM
    Yes yes i admit that i am a newb not to crackberrys but to this website...But my question is...Whenever i used to plug my phone into my laptop a message would come up on my blackberry screen saying usb is not suffient enough for charging so iwas always like whatever lol i didnt matter...but i just put a new theme on my blackberry and now it never says that when i plug it in...and now my phone actually charges when its plugged in to the computer.

Just wondering if anyone could explain whats going on?
    regular usb does not originally exude enough power to charge your bberry

installing the desktop manager and the proper usb drivers will solve this problem

you can find them here :

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

desktop manager and usb drivers
    Last edited by asianinvasioniv; 08-06-08 at 09:09 PM.
    08-06-08 09:07 PM
    More technically, USB only provides 100mA of power without the device requesting more. If the device requests higher-power, it can get upto 500mA. Not being certain on the BB specifics, that might mean that the host did not allow for the device to go into high-power mode (as in the case of unpowered hubs). It could be that the hub can't supply the higher power or you don't have the drivers installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD