LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one! mine are still in the plastic pkg .... That's in the box and ice had my phone since November! I'm actually glad I know what the button is now just in case I want to use it... Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

You know...I get that stupid "ICE" instead of IVE all the time on my bberry when using suretype too. Is this plaguing anyone else? Andif so, is there a way to fix it?

Dm
    03-24-08 08:27 AM
    Thats why I got rid of my Pearl. I hated Suretype!
    03-24-08 08:39 AM
    Yea I keep getting that ice all the time it's so annoying!
    03-24-08 08:45 AM
    Makes me happy I chose the curve

03-24-08 09:08 AM
    Damn Feds!
    03-24-08 09:12 AM
    LOL I will be switching to curve as soon as verizon gets it. I couldn't justify leaving verizon since they've been really good to me other than delaying the curve =(
    03-24-08 11:35 AM
    I Added "I've" to Auto-text so when I type "iv" then space, "I've" is typed.
    03-24-08 11:38 AM
    Did any of you go to the help app and look at sure type?? There it will tell you how to add or delete words from the keys that you use to type. It is so simple!!

03-24-08 11:40 AM
    Did any of you go to the help app and look at sure type?? There it will tell you how to add or delete words from the keys that you use to type. It is so simple!!

10-4 good buddy!
    Heading there now.

Dm
    03-24-08 12:40 PM
    Curve user. Never had this problem. Makes me think I was smart not to have gotten the Pearl. Haha.
    03-24-08 07:18 PM
    goto options, autotext and check for a entry set to switch the typed letters as is not the suretype
    03-24-08 07:42 PM
    I've done what Chaz did and stored it to my AutoText as iv and it become "I've"
    03-24-08 11:09 PM
    Poor pearl users

This just makes me even happier I chose the 8310!
    03-24-08 11:32 PM
    Damn Feds!
    lol

yes... i always get Ice; however, the more i scroll down to use I've, it automatically pops up.
    03-24-08 11:39 PM
    HAHA! I have the Curve...

03-24-08 11:50 PM
    Curve users, it is rude and inconsiderate to act this way. Please don't taunt the less fortunate Pearl users because they are sensitive.

Ha Ha! I have a curve, too. You want one? Sike!!!
    03-25-08 12:00 AM
    Curve users, it is rude and inconsiderate to act this way. Please don't taunt the less fortunate Pearl users because they are sensitive.

....ROFL! You just made my nite...!!
    03-25-08 12:04 AM
    another one is get & hey or are & see

irks me every time lol
    03-25-08 01:15 AM
    You know...I get that stupid "ICE" instead of IVE all the time on my bberry when using suretype too. Is this plaguing anyone else? Andif so, is there a way to fix it?

Dm

What is ICE?
    03-25-08 10:42 AM
    Ice and Ive are on the same keys and Ice seems to be preferred by SureType.

That's one of the major problems I encountered and didn't expect, since many T9-phone seem to work better.

When writing a message in English I don't have too many problems, but when I write a German message there are so many word that I have to teach my Pearl and so many words that are on the same keys, it really is annoying :P

Stefan
    03-25-08 10:51 AM

Ooooohhhh....That was cold.
    I got y'all...

You just wait, once sprint gets the curve Y'all won't be laughing so hard!

Dm
    03-25-08 12:04 PM
    What is ICE?
    Cold frozen liquid.......

Also ICE, In Case of Emergency.
    03-25-08 02:58 PM
    I have added to autotype "ilve" to automatically change it to "I've" since the apostrophe is above the "L" key. No problems since then. I also added autotype entries using the "L" shortcut for "it's" and "I'll" among others.

03-25-08 09:31 PM
    Ooooohhhh....That was cold.
    I got y'all...

You just wait, once sprint gets the curve Y'all won't be laughing so hard!

Dm
    Okay....you win. I am envious of the specs for the 8330 and praying something better comes out for T-Mobile. But just unlike all you late blooming teenage girls - I got my curve first!
    03-26-08 10:43 PM
    Um Yeah, I'll is preprogramed to appear when you type i then l then space. I don't have many issues with ice vs I've or are vs see. Although Guy vs hit gets me all the time!

Ps my boss just switched to AT&T and picked up a pretty new red curve! I WAS jealous, until I played with it. Its pretty, but I don't like it! Too wide and buttons too small. I'm over my curve envy!

03-26-08 11:45 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD