just got a PIN request from a stranger - how did they get my PIN? I haven't posted it anywhere. I've accepted conditioned on them responding to my requests as to how they obtained the PIN

Any ideas? should I be concerned?
    09-15-10 08:26 PM
    Nothing to be concerned about. Probably a typo trying to request to someone else if you have not posted it anywhere.
    09-15-10 08:50 PM
    I also have been getting random requests all in spanish and I don't speak spanish. At first I just rejected them thinking it was a typo or mistake but then they would re add me. I wrote down the pins to see if it was the same PIN but they are all different. I have since ignored them and haven't gotten a new request since. My PIN also isn't posted anywhere nor am I in any PIN sharing groups

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 09:05 PM
    If your bold is a FRU they might be trying to add whomever had the phone last too.
    09-15-10 11:46 PM
    If your bold is a FRU they might be trying to add whomever had the phone last too.
    not a replacement phone, I'm the only one who had this phone bought it brand new from Tmobile

09-15-10 11:51 PM
    I also have been getting random requests all in spanish and I don't speak spanish. At first I just rejected them thinking it was a typo or mistake but then they would re add me. I wrote down the pins to see if it was the same PIN but they are all different. I have since ignored them and haven't gotten a new request since. My PIN also isn't posted anywhere nor am I in any PIN sharing groups

Might have been a typo that somehow got propagated to a group
    09-16-10 08:35 AM

If this persists and is too annoying, you might contact your carrier for a replacement phone which should resolve the annoyance of being pinged by strangers. i've had my phone since Feb and never get stranger-pings.
    09-16-10 10:17 AM
    If this persists and is too annoying, you might contact your carrier for a replacement phone which should resolve the annoyance of being pinged by strangers. i've had my phone since Feb and never get stranger-pings.
    Or just change your Pin?
    09-16-10 10:55 AM
    you cant change your pin. it comes with each phone.
    09-16-10 12:24 PM
    or just change your pin?
    lol! Fail!
    09-16-10 12:33 PM
    How about I got another request today. This makes 4 again in spanish

09-16-10 01:53 PM
    Now, that could be a possibility. My phone is a refurb. Thanks. and thanks to all who responded
    09-16-10 09:26 PM
    Now, that could be a possibility. My phone is a refurb. Thanks. and thanks to all who responded
    Lucky for you. I still have no clue why I'm getting these random requests

09-16-10 09:31 PM
    I got sent a PIN request yesterday from a stranger. how crazy is that, given my previous post on this thread???
    09-17-10 11:02 AM
    I got sent a PIN request yesterday from a stranger. how crazy is that, given my previous post on this thread???
    In spanish?

09-17-10 12:45 PM
    I just wont accept any requests if I just get sent an invite...I like them to explain a bit about themselves first. It is odd your getting those requests though...can they do it through crackberry somehow without you posting your pin ?
    09-17-10 04:50 PM
    I just wont accept any requests if I just get sent an invite...I like them to explain a bit about themselves first. It is odd your getting those requests though...can they do it through crackberry somehow without you posting your pin ?
    Today I got another request in Spanish (this makes a total of 5) I usually just ignore them but I got curious so I accepted and decided to ask where he got my pin from. He spoke to me in english at first but then switched to spanish after I kept asking how he got my pin. Needless to say that proved futile . I don't believe they got my pin from crackberry because I started getting these requests before I officially joined crackberry so I'm at a complete loss

09-17-10 05:00 PM
    Chances are it's just randomness or mistyping the one they want and entering yours by mistake.
    09-17-10 05:23 PM
    so thats what a PIN is? i thought it was like an ESN...
    09-17-10 06:24 PM
    Well a pin is a unique identifying number assigned to each bb. It is how rim servers know what device to send the requested or pushed data to as well as simple bb to bb messages called pin messages, and bbm is just fancy pin messaging...
    09-17-10 07:35 PM
    Hola.
    Estoy buscando gente para compartir fotos de los cachorros muertos y la carne podrida.
    Es por eso que he estado tratando de contactar con usted.
    Por favor a�adir mi.

Abrazos y besos, Julio.
    09-17-10 08:01 PM
    In spanish?

nope.

------------
    09-17-10 08:20 PM
    Today I got another request in Spanish (this makes a total of 5) I usually just ignore them but I got curious so I accepted and decided to ask where he got my pin from. He spoke to me in english at first but then switched to spanish after I kept asking how he got my pin. Needless to say that proved futile . I don't believe they got my pin from crackberry because I started getting these requests before I officially joined crackberry so I'm at a complete loss

Its very strange they are all coming in Spanish..I took off my pin from my profile here and I still get invites now and then..But I think i posted it on on of the threads by my ignorance..I know it can be annoying getting the requests but just delete them, they hopefully will stop eventually..
    09-17-10 08:40 PM
    Glad I haven't gotten any random requests lol

09-18-10 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD