After searching for a couple of hours for a solution, I didn't find one so I joined to ask:

My phone when I ping someone, it sends PING!!!, but the person receiving the ping gets PING!!!(just black), so its like just sending a regular "hello".

When that same person pings me, on his phone, it comes out as PING, and on my phone, just a regular PING in black comes out.

Is there a way to make my phone send out PING (no !!!) to make it work with all of my other contacts?

Thanks
    04-15-12 03:41 PM
    I think it might have something to do with the version of BBM you have on the phone itself. If you get the latest version or better yet join BlackBerry Beta Zone you get the latest versions and test out new versions with more options. Hope this helps.
    04-15-12 03:49 PM
    Go to messages, click menu button go to message options - message display and actions.
    Scroll down till you see actions and then mark or unmark display pin messages in red.
    04-15-12 03:51 PM
    I think it might have something to do with the version of BBM you have on the phone itself. If you get the latest version or better yet join BlackBerry Beta Zone you get the latest versions and test out new versions with more options. Hope this helps.
    actually I just upgraded, thinking that would be the fixer...went from 5.0 to the latest version, and its still the same.
    04-15-12 03:52 PM
    Go to messages, click menu button go to message options - message display and actions.
    Scroll down till you see actions and then mark or unmark display pin messages in red.
    this didn't work either..

my pings still show as PING!!!, and to the receiver, it arrives as PING!!!
    04-15-12 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD