This really is the only reason I can think of to use a ping. Why would you try and get someone's attention before or after you send them a message? What's the point if you're just going to be sending a message anyway?

If I don't respond to a message and someone pings me afterward to get my attention, they will get an earful. It reminds me of that one person everybody knows that annoys the he77 outta you with constant messages over and over. Then you get into the "Are you mad?" or "Did I do something?" conversation and I won't even get into that because I'm already mad just thinking about it.

Ping is useless IMO.
    I agree...
    02-19-10 12:00 PM
    Only time I ping is to bust chops and only with a select few.....I usually shut of my data, go to bbm pick my contact and send them 10pings, then I turn on my data and watch as I send 10 Pings, lol.
    02-19-10 12:04 PM
    Only time I ping is to bust chops and only with a select few.....I usually shut of my data, go to bbm pick my contact and send them 10pings, then I turn on my data and watch as I send 10 Pings, lol.
    I lol'd. This is pretty great!
    02-19-10 08:31 PM
    "ping" is kinda like when you walk down the street and this weird, creepy guy goes "psst, hey buddy.... wanna buy a watch"
    02-19-10 08:52 PM
    I always thought PING was to push those lost messages that just has the check, when you want to push the message to be delivered.
    06-29-10 08:54 PM
    I deleted someone because he kept Pinging me. Annoying and useless imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 09:51 PM
    Oh noes. I'm annoyed by the poking on Facebook, and now my phone will start pinging too? :/
    06-30-10 06:36 AM
    pin:23C0E160

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 10:48 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD