So when I text and it gets tagged a pin text I know its to another bb user. Is there really any other difference?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 09:21 AM
    The only difference is you can't pin message people that don't have a blackberry.
    &text doesn't run off your data, but pin does.
    07-16-09 09:24 AM
    So wait does that mean apin txt doesn't get charged as a text to my account even if the bb user is on another network?

07-16-09 09:29 AM
    A Pin uses data and doesn't go true a server.
    07-16-09 09:31 AM
    Yep pin is just like bb messenger...doesn't use up texts on your plan

07-16-09 09:33 AM
    Correct you can pin message and it goes through your data which doesn't take away from your text messages.
    07-16-09 09:34 AM
    Exactly. A pin message uses data no matter what carrier the other person is using.

Pin messages don't use up txts.

07-16-09 09:34 AM
    Well, a pin shows up as more of an email then a text though.
    07-16-09 09:35 AM
    Very true, you are better off just BBMing if you are pin messaging.
    07-16-09 09:39 AM
    Really? I guess this would only be a concern if your data use was limited. My pins show up with my sms though

07-16-09 09:45 AM
    What kind of plan do you have?
    07-16-09 09:52 AM
    Really? I guess this would only be a concern if your data use was limited. My pins show up with my sms though

Same with me, shows up in sms. Another benefit to pin/bbm is the msgs usually go through more direct and faster. I'd much rather bbm than text anyday.

07-16-09 09:56 AM
    Okay, I'm confused because sometimes I sms my roommate that has an LG Voyager and it shows on my message with a check mark as if it was a pin message. Please explain!!!
    07-16-09 01:39 PM
    Okay, I'm confused because sometimes I sms my roommate that has an LG Voyager and it shows on my message with a check mark as if it was a pin message. Please explain!!!
    Checkmark means it was delivered successfully to the SMS centre of your carrier.

On the Bold (and I think on the old 7290 too) a checkmark with a small "D" means it was delivered to the remote BB user.
    07-16-09 02:05 PM
    I'm sorry; that's what I mean I get a check mark with the D on it. That's exactly what I thought; I thought that was just between 2 Blackberry users??? The only common thing is that we are both with Verizon on the same account except I have the B.B. and she has the LG.
    07-16-09 02:36 PM
    Above the check mark it will say D when delivered and R when read.
    07-16-09 03:12 PM
    Where your Text and PIN msgs show up is controlled by your settings and/or your theme - not sure if this is true for older OS's.
    07-16-09 03:51 PM
    From reading the posts, it seems some people are confusing the "D" with texting with the "D" with BBM or Pin messaging.

On a TEXT Message: the "D" above the check mark means it was delivered successfully to another VERIZON user (regardless of phone type, blackberry or dumbphone - ANY verizon customer - verizon to to verizon messaging).

On BBM: The "D" means it was delivered to their phone. The "R" means it was read by that person.

If you are TEXTING someone outside of your network, then No Letter should appear at all next to the check mark.
    07-16-09 04:10 PM
    ok what's the difference between a pin msging and bbm msging :S i thought they were the same !!!!
    07-16-09 05:56 PM
    Thank you Amojeba! That completely answers my question. Thanks again
    Last edited by decolur455; 07-16-09 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Wanted to include user's name
    07-16-09 07:34 PM
    ok what's the difference between a pin msging and bbm msging :S i thought they were the same !!!!
    They are the same in that they both go through your data & not your txt usage.
    They are different in that a pin message shows up like an email in your message folder & bbm is an instant messenger conversation.

07-16-09 11:17 PM
    Above the check mark it will say D when delivered and R when read.
    This is currently only true in BBM.
    07-16-09 11:33 PM
    Why not just use bbm????

07-16-09 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD