Hi everyone,

I live in France (my provider is Vodaphone SFR). & I bought few days ago an unlocked Blackberry 9630 Tour, from USA.

As you expect, I've a problem :
    I want to activate my BIS account and take advantage of Internet services, browser, MMS, BBM...
    I tried to register at bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?Brand=vodafr

but, I get the following error message:
    -------------------------------------------------
    Can not create account:
    This BlackBerry (R) device is not registered with your wireless service provider.
    Please register this device and verify that the URL of the current web site matches
    the one provided by your wireless service provider. (...)
    -------------------------------------------------

So, I call my french provider (Vodaphone SFR), asking them to activate my BIS themselves.
    but, no way. They conclude that my PIN is already registered on Sprint BIS (not sure about this but ok..)

Finaly, I called Sprint. but, they can't disable my PIN (if it's enabled) without the Sprint account attached (I dont have any).

1 - My first question is: Is my approach makes sense or I'm off topic?
    2 - Would anyone ever encountered a similar problem? (resolved or not)
    3 - Have you a way to circumvent and/or solve my problem?

thank you in advance for your help!
    MR BIG.
    11-09-09 08:38 AM
    I think you need to contact RIM to have them release the PIN from the previous account. That should allow you to register it to yours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 02:12 AM
    If you have GPRS/EDGE in capitals then you have an existing BIS account with your previous provider. You current provider cannot access this - though they could raise a case with RIM to have the PIN zero'ed on the old BIS account. Otherwise you will need to speak to the old carrier tech support and get them to zero the pin or delete the old BIS account.
    11-20-09 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD