Could someone please help me with this issue my Daughter & her friend accepted someone or something on BBM & its in Bright Pink writing first of all it kept sending new contacts (Over 300) And they and i are so worried that is going to damage there phones as this is the first time its ever happened and they have had there phones for a year now & im new to it all as well !! This is what it keeps sending :-
    08-30-11 09:17 AM
    those look like email messages.

block the person on bbm and go into the BIS acct online and block the email address that is coming from.
    lozzie 42 likes this.
    08-30-11 09:43 AM
    did you try deleting the contact? Or blocking the PIN of the sender?
    lozzie 42 likes this.
    08-30-11 10:19 AM
    Definitely a Pin Message. The pink I would assume is the theme. Great recommendations so far. Use the firewall to block the pin, and I'd contact your carrier and police.

On a side note, try making a thread title that's descriptive. I'll edit this one.

Dang it! Sorry

Welcome to CrackBerry
    lozzie 42 likes this.
    08-30-11 10:37 AM
    I agree they are PIN messages. Block that PIN and email and contact your carrier (not sure if possible)
    1. Reset BIS account
    2. Change your BB PIN.
    That will make sure (if possible) that the phone won't receive junk from spam idiots.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 10:54 AM
    2. Change your BB PIN.

The PIN cannot be changed. It is unique to the device.
    08-30-11 10:58 AM
    There wouldn't be an email address to block, and you can't "change" a pin. That would require a replacement phone. Shouldn't be necessary.
    lozzie 42 likes this.
    08-30-11 10:59 AM
    Sorry I did write (if possible) not sure about that

08-30-11 11:01 AM
    Delete the BBM contact and it should be done with. E-mail, go into BIS and block the offending address, or use the webmail interface of the provider unless it's [email protected] and mark it as spam.

It won't damage your blackberry, or the others.

08-30-11 12:27 PM
    did you try deleting the contact? Or blocking the PIN of the sender?
    Yes we have tried that babe,gonna try what ever i can !! Thank You for Your Help .x.x.
    08-30-11 02:48 PM
    Thank you so much for your help im try my best to sort out there phones Grrr But ill get there !! Kind regards Lozzie 42 .x.
    08-30-11 03:04 PM
    Go to options, security, firewall, enable the firewall, then place a checkmark on PIN Messages, those are pretty much useless and are the only door for hackers to attack a BB.
    08-30-11 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD