I have read a lot of people saying you can't move a PIN from one phone to another. Well I got very scared about this cause I just had to have my BB replaced. So I called TMO and talk with a BB tech and they said I could do it on the web site or call them and have it done.

I think someplace this should be stated so people stop thinking they need new PIN numbers when they get a new BB or replacement. I know TMO does it and have read a few other SP do too. I would find a way to do this but am currently using a hospital computer and tomorrow I am having surgery so I can't do it but it should be done in a way thats easy to find and manybe even links to each carrier so people can move their PIN's over to new/replacement BB's.

I know if I couldn't move my PIN to my replacement phone I wouldn't ever use BB messenger again, and I think e-mail is tied to the PIN also at least TMO said it was.

Well anyway this should be addressed in a manner so people can find it easy.
    08-27-08 12:33 PM
    you can't move a pin numbers on blackberrys, each one has a specific number that is generated when it is produced. i think someone gave you some wrong info
    08-27-08 12:37 PM
    you can't move pins from one phone to another whoever told you that is lying lol
    08-27-08 12:37 PM
    The PIN of a BlackBerry is coded into the hardware of your unit. It never changes. Think of it as an identifier/serial number/etc.

You will not be able to change it. This is a fact.
    08-27-08 12:40 PM
    Last time. You cannot change the PIN on a BB and whomever
    you spoke too has no idea what they are talking about.
    End of story!
    08-27-08 12:41 PM
    let's lock this thread please!
    08-27-08 01:00 PM
    I think what this guy is thinking of is when they transfer your old pin to your new pin #. Everyone else is correct YOU CAN NOT TRANSFER YOUR PIN #.
    08-27-08 01:05 PM
    let's lock this thread please!
    Awwww man and I wanted to play too but Surreal locked the dorn thread!! Shoot!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 01:06 PM
    I believe everybody has been misinformed. My sister in law has lost her phone once, then she drowned it on the beach, and now she has her new phone. She has transfered her PIN from her original Curve 8520 to her now BOLD 9700. If you use any american carrier like ATT or Sprint as examples they are not trained or have been told that it is not possible just to avoid the hassle. My phone was jacked 3 month ago Torch 9800 and I got my new Torch 9800 from my carrier and they transferd my PIN to my new phone. It is your right to keep your PIN as it is not you IMEI number. It is called PERSONAL Id Number for one reason. It is just like when ATT tells you they can not block IMEI numbers when your phone is stolen. Yes you can and the reason they tell you they can not block it is becos they are more interested in that people hire their service even if the phone is stolen.
    11-13-11 12:24 AM
    I believe everybody has been misinformed. My sister in law has lost her phone once, then she drowned it on the beach, and now she has her new phone. She has transfered her PIN from her original Curve 8520 to her now BOLD 9700. If you use any american carrier like ATT or Sprint as examples they are not trained or have been told that it is not possible just to avoid the hassle. My phone was jacked 3 month ago Torch 9800 and I got my new Torch 9800 from my carrier and they transferd my PIN to my new phone. It is your right to keep your PIN as it is not you IMEI number. It is called PERSONAL Id Number for one reason. It is just like when ATT tells you they can not block IMEI numbers when your phone is stolen. Yes you can and the reason they tell you they can not block it is becos they are more interested in that people hire their service even if the phone is stolen.
    you couldnt be more WRONG. this thread is beyond stupid and you are seriously going to tick off a lot of people.

a blackberry PIN (the 8 digit hex number assigned to the phone) absolutely cannot be transferred to a new phone.

what you can do, is back up all your old info (emails, BBM list and BBID info) and transfer that to a new phone. once this is done, you can log into email setup and this will move all email accounts and BIS registration information to your new phone. your BIS account will now reflect the NEW IMEI/ESN/MEID/PIN of the new device, and the old one will no longer be on the account. dont believe me? look at the PIN of your old phone....now look at the PIN of your new phone. they will be different.

and as for at&t blocking IMEI's.....they DONT do it. blacklisting IMEI's isnt a practice in the US by US carriers. it IS practiced in europe however.

before you come on here blasting out trash information, do some research. if you came here to stir a 2 year old pot, then take your one post and leave.
    11-13-11 12:39 AM
    You dredged up a 2 year old thread?!?

I'm sure you think they switched pins, but the carrier isn't in control, RIM is. Pins cannot be changed, nor do they need to be.
    11-13-11 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD