Hello folks.

Just joined the forum here...

I've used BBs for years now (with much joy and productivity, I might add), but I have recently come across a problem with my PIN messaging off one of my BB devices.

I have two 8703s on my account. The one BB is used by my wife. I replaced her 7250 when I believed that the problem of her frequent PIN message delays were hardware related (the phone was pretty beat up too, so that inspired a replacement as well).

So after I upgraded her 7250 with the 8703e, the PIN delay was still there with the new phone. We use PIN to PIN as our primary method of communication. We use a combination of BBM and manual compositions. During the last few weeks, PINs that are sent to her BB, sometimes, takes mintues to an hour before I get the delivery confirmation (and her physically receiving the message). It appears that she can get the queued PINs "unstuck" by sending an outbound PIN...then all the PINs that have not been delivered all get funneled to her BB in a single batch.

It's been frustrating. For years, we've had no issues. PINs have always been nearly instant...only taking a few seconds to confirm delivery and receipt. I am certain that it's isolated to her phone, as I tested several extended BBM conversations with other BB friends with MY 8703 and there was no evidence of this problem. I thought it was a RIM server issue at first, but now I am convinced otherwise.

I have resent service books several times, performed battery pull several times, re-registered her email a few times, and have called VZW a few times with little to no help. I have deleted contact and re-created each contact. Again, this started happened while she had her 7250 and continued over after replacing it with the 8703.

I run 4.2 OS, while she runs 4.1.
    We both have Verizon's unlimited data plan.
    Both devices are on the same Verizon account.
    Neither device is on BES.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mthr1; 04-16-08 at 10:53 PM.
    04-16-08 10:50 PM
    Did you both update your new IMEI and PIN numbers on the BIS website?

If not, that could be your problem.

Also after updating, reboot.
    04-17-08 12:28 AM
    Welcome 2 CB!
    04-17-08 12:29 AM
    Welcome mthr1
    thats a strange problem...sounds like a problem with your phone if you have already replaced the other one
    04-17-08 01:38 AM
    Did you both update your new IMEI and PIN numbers on the BIS website?

If not, that could be your problem.

Also after updating, reboot.
    Ok, I tried your suggestion. Problem still persists. The problem started on her old 7250 BEFORE I upgraded her handheld.

I hate to think both her 7250 and 8703 are both defective, and coincidently, suffering the same problem.
    04-17-08 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD