Just watched the recent ad series from LG, bashing the pins, patterns, fingerprint scanner, and face unlock for their new 'knock' code.
    Guess they couldn't figure out how to pass blackberry's picture password
    That's something blackberry should have advertised!
    here are the ads-

Searchy likes this.
    07-01-14 07:25 AM
    What a rip-off!
    07-01-14 07:44 AM
    I should say, imitation is the best form of flattery, but damn you, LG!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 07:46 AM
    LOL..
    Definitely they wouldn't get thru picture password.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    07-01-14 07:49 AM
    I must admit the Add is funny... Would never happen to me... I've got Pic-PW!!
    (Oh and I don't lie to my whife... the BEST SECURITY!!!!)

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-01-14 07:50 AM
    Picture Password is still waaaaaaaay better.

With the knock code, just like the pattern, you can watch where their finger lands on the screen and you can copy it.

Picture password on the other hand is genius! You can put your finger anywhere and move your finger without compromising the visibility of your chosen number

I have a question though, once you make several mistakes in picture password will it wipe out your phone data?

Posted via CB10
    lift, GRojasHruska and yvpan1 like this.
    07-01-14 07:59 AM
    What a rip-off!
    i don't think its a rip off.
    I just wanted to say that the picture password is better
    Oh and I don't lie to my whife... the BEST SECURITY!!!!
    LOL
    07-01-14 08:06 AM

With the knock code, just like the pattern, you can watch where their finger lands on the screen and you can copy it.

Picture password on the other hand is genius! You can put your finger anywhere and move your finger without compromising the visibility of your chosen number

I have a question though, once you make several mistakes in picture password will it wipe out your phone data?

Posted via CB10
    No, it asks you for the original password that you had set before the picture password

LP&HG
    07-01-14 08:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    5 times picture password.
    If still wrong, it will ask for normal passwords that you set prior.
    5times wrong on this one too, it will wipe your device.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    07-01-14 08:50 AM
    Thanks for answering my query
    07-01-14 09:55 AM
    Picture password is still the best. Only a person with a photographic memory could watch you and figure it out and even then they would have to see it at least twice to notice a single number in the exact same spot as it was before. I've told people how it works, then showed them 3 times, locked it again and then passed it to them and told them to unlock it. Couldn't be done. I'm sure some people would get it either through luck or they actually noticed the number and spot at least twice, but hasn't happened to me yet. It is not easy at all. My girlfriend still doesn't know it and she has seen me do it. I change it every couple months though. I don't have anything to hide so if she asks I'll unlock it.

EDIT: It's actually easier to catch on the smaller Q10 screen though.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    07-01-14 10:00 AM
    Picture password is better. If you look for smudges where their fingers contacted the screen, you will probably be able to break the knock code. Funny thing is they showed you how to crack their code with the commercial about the pattern lock. I know it wouldn't be easy, but with patience, it could be done.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    07-01-14 10:38 AM
    great commercials, not sold on the knock code though as being all that much better than the others
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    07-01-14 10:38 AM
    Of course what else can LG do when it comes to security beside copied from the master of security BlackBerry.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    07-01-14 10:46 AM
    Of course what else can LG do when it comes to security beside copied from the master of security BlackBerry.
    copied? how?
    07-01-14 10:53 AM
    86,000 combinations? What do they have to say about normal passwords that are available on all smartphones? Billions of combos right there.

It's not like going from 10,000 combinations (4 digit pin password) to 86k will make much of a difference to the average user. Of course, the probability of randomly guessing LG's password thing is 8.6x less likely, but really a one in 10,000 chance is very safe for me. The pranker would be locked out of my phone in like ten tries anyway.

Picture password is pretty genius though.
    07-01-14 11:02 AM
    I have to admit, the commercials made me laugh
    07-01-14 11:22 AM
    funny commercials but still flawed security
    07-01-14 11:44 AM
    I fail to see how anyone can think that LG copied BlackBerry here. Get real people, this is a natural expansion of LG's Knock on feature. A feature that came out long before Picture Password, and allows you to knock knock to wake the phone's display. On top of that, Knock code looks absolutely nothing at all like picture password. So why in the world are folks implying that LG coppied this feature from BlackBerry?

Some BlackBerry fans really worry me.
    c0ke likes this.
    07-01-14 12:14 PM
    Hey uh...BlackBerry marketing team. Are you watching?

Release something about picture password!
    07-01-14 01:19 PM
    Picture password is still the best. Only a person with a photographic memory could watch you and figure it out and even then they would have to see it at least twice to notice a single number in the exact same spot as it was before. I've told people how it works, then showed them 3 times, locked it again and then passed it to them and told them to unlock it. Couldn't be done. I'm sure some people would get it either through luck or they actually noticed the number and spot at least twice, but hasn't happened to me yet. It is not easy at all. My girlfriend still doesn't know it and she has seen me do it. I change it every couple months though. I don't have anything to hide so if she asks I'll unlock it.

EDIT: It's actually easier to catch on the smaller Q10 screen though.

Posted via CB10
    And still youu do it false!!!
    Touch another number (look to your number only with the eyes) and bring your original number to its spot. I always touch another number everytime!!! Because you move the whole number surface... you are not obliged to touch "your" secret number to its spot...
    They'll never understand it!! Keep it your secret, or it would not be a secret!

07-01-14 01:45 PM
    And still youu do it false!!!
    Touch another number (look to your number only with the eyes) and bring your original number to its spot. I always touch another number everytime!!! Because you move the whole number surface... you are not obliged to touch "your" secret number to its spot...
    They'll never understand it!! Keep it your secret, or it would not be a secret!

You are required to put the designated number in the location you specified when setting up Picture Password. You are correct in saying you do not need to have one of your digits on the digit when moving to the unlock zone.

The person you quoted is merely trying to expound the difficulty others have in unlocking his device even with his help. He's doing nothing "wrong".

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 02:02 PM
    You are required to put the designated number in the location you specified when setting up Picture Password. You are correct in saying you do not need to have one of your digits on the digit when moving to the unlock zone.

The person you quoted is merely trying to expound the difficulty others have in unlocking his device even with his help. He's doing nothing "wrong".

Posted via CB10
    I might misunderstood that!

07-01-14 02:45 PM
    Even with the picture password, you still need a strong pin code password, as it defaults to pin if the picture fails.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    07-01-14 04:35 PM
    Good ad, funny. Instead of LG it should have been BB advertising.
    07-01-14 05:21 PM
38 12