I love Blackberrys. I have a lot of problems using a virtual keyboard. Are there any rumors or whatever that the physical keyboards will be done away with? I'm dead in the water if they do.
    01-03-12 07:55 AM
    Not sure why you would think one of BlackBerry's strengths, would go away. I can't see that ever happening.
    01-03-12 08:06 AM
    I love Blackberrys. I have a lot of problems using a virtual keyboard. Are there any rumors or whatever that the physical keyboards will be done away with? I'm dead in the water if they do.
    I have not heard that rumor....yet, but I'm sure that will be on the LONG list of rumors that have been here for years. The old saying goes something like this...."Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see"
    Last edited by spencerdl; 01-03-12 at 08:16 AM.
    01-03-12 08:13 AM
    Dont think so... it it is very likely that the first BB10 device will be touch only
    01-03-12 08:38 AM
    08-13-12 10:05 AM

When bb10 gets announced they are going to market a full touch and a qwerty keyboard and the keyboard model will be released shortly after the touch.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    08-13-12 10:07 AM

That survey saddens me. Us has adopted touchscreen more than other countries. One thing I have found is that people care less and less about sending you an email or text that has horrible typos in it. I just don't want this to become normal procedure to have to decipher what people are saying.

Most of my blackberry friends send me correct messages with 1 letter out of place but the others autocorrect changes the whole word. It gste irritating sometimes.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    08-13-12 10:11 AM
    The new CEO is on record as saying that BlackBerry 'owns' the qwerty keyboard market so it is highly unlikely. Also as RIM patented qwerty keyboards on phones it receives a licence fee for every unit of this type sold.
    08-13-12 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD