First of all i am a big BBM fan.
    I hope some one at BlackBerry is reading this...Photo share on BBM sucks and even more after whatsapp update..
    Please fix this
    1)Photo quality share by default is very low...By default it should be high Quality..and let other person request a low quality if they want to save data.
    2)You cannot send multiple photos like whatsapp.
    3)In group discussion you cannot sharee same file with everyone.
    4)Whatsapp big photo share size looks lot better than BBM.

People are comparing BBM with whatsapp and first impression is usually the lasting one if not the last.#commonsenseBBRY

Posted via CB10
    Fnen90 likes this.
    11-01-13 11:46 AM
    Maybe when a user sends a pic on BBM the receiver is given the option for HQ or LQ?

So it sends a thumbnail snapshot first, and the user can decide if it's important enough.
    11-01-13 11:49 AM
    I prefer how it work right now. The current scheme allows me to share a lot of images with down maxing out my data quota. I usually don't have a WIFI connection when I'm out and about. Out of a bunch of pictures my recipients may like a couple. If that happen they can request for a HQ copy.
    Sharing is a two way street. If you set to send your image in HQ but your recipient has his set to receive in LQ then would that be a waste of your data? Or if you set to send in LQ, then it doesn't matter which quality your recipient set. He'll be getting a LQ. So the current scheme works very well.
    Now agree with on being able to send multiple pictures. BBM can programmatically send them one by one in series. For example, if sender send three pictures then the recipient will receive three individual chat bubbles. He can in turn request for HQ individually.
    File sharing in group definitely a welcome feature.

Post via CB Z10
    11-01-13 12:05 PM
    I can understand data compression...but at least give people option to configure the way they want and not the way BlackBerry think people want.

Posted via CB10
    Stephen Cooper likes this.
    11-01-13 12:10 PM
    I can understand data compression...but at least give people option to configure the way they want and not the way BlackBerry think people want.

Posted via CB10
    Thus the reason..u have the option to ask for higher quality?

Posted via CB10
    mared_3400 likes this.
    11-01-13 12:14 PM
    Big photo preview shrubbery incorporated in bbm

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 01:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    X2

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    11-01-13 02:16 PM
    Been saying this for awhile. I want the file transfers limit lifted more than 6mb and the ability to file transfer pics or whatever in group chat like WApp does.

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    11-01-13 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    x2
    11-01-13 02:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Correct. This is also because unlimited data rarely exists anymore so the receiving side determines if he wants to accept it or not.

BlackBerry Z...my weapon of choice.
    11-01-13 07:31 PM
    Maybe when a user sends a pic on BBM the receiver is given the option for HQ or LQ?

So it sends a thumbnail snapshot first, and the user can decide if it's important enough.
    This is my setting on my whatsapp.
    Just see the thumbnail and if i need to look at it closely or save it, then only i download it.
    BlackBerry should let options to download if wanted.
    11-01-13 09:12 PM
    I agree with OP.

We should be able to share files and other pictures and stuff on bbm groups.

If I can to a whatsapp group then why can't I to a bbm group?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:27 PM
    Its official blackberry will be bringing out voice calls withing months so I would imagine the photo share will be updated

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 02:27 AM
    You can actually request a HQ photo - on BBOS and BB10

For the iOS, Android and BB10 - while looking at the photo in full screen tap the three dots and request HQ photo - voil�.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    11-02-13 04:43 AM
    I actually don't like the way we can't request HQ in whatsapp (to get the original size). So the option to request for HQ in bbm is what I want.. and sending in LQ makes sense to me since we can still see the picture and if we want HQ, just ask.

So I always ask for photos I want to be sent through bbm so I can get it in the original quality. (note: asking for photos from iPhones before bbm is a pain since the only way to get the original quality is via email but they get automatically renamed. So i'd get 10 photos in 2 emails and I have to rename at least half of them when saving it in the same folder because it's all named with #1, 2, 3, etc in each email)

I agree though that we should have file sharing for groups.. we got pictures: basically photo sharing like whatsapp group because it's not HQ, but even better because we can have comments for each.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:25 AM
    First of all i am a big BBM fan.
    I hope some one at BlackBerry is reading this...Photo share on BBM sucks and even more after whatsapp update..
    Please fix this
    1)Photo quality share by default is very low...By default it should be high Quality..and let other person request a low quality if they want to save data.
    2)You cannot send multiple photos like whatsapp.
    3)In group discussion you cannot sharee same file with everyone.
    4)Whatsapp big photo share size looks lot better than BBM.

People are comparing BBM with whatsapp and first impression is usually the lasting one if not the last.#commonsenseBBRY

Posted via CB10
    LMAO, dude, how do you request a low quality photo AFTER you received the high quality version? You're not making any sense.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 06:17 AM
    Besides, whatsapp automatically saves all photos received, BIG FAIL in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 06:28 AM
    Besides, whatsapp automatically saves all photos received, BIG FAIL in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    They have it set to download automatically, but you can always go into the settings and disable auto download.
    11-02-13 06:40 AM
    I don't understand the OP...I share pictures with my BBM group members all the time and I love how everyone adds comments to just the pic rather than it being lost/combined in with some random discussion. I also love the shared events calendar in groups and shared lists functions. Can WhatsApp do all that?

Posted via CB10
    ricocan likes this.
    11-02-13 06:53 AM
    I don't understand the OP...I share pictures with my BBM group members all the time and I love how everyone adds comments to just the pic rather than it being lost/combined in with some random discussion. I also love the shared events calendar in groups and shared lists functions. Can WhatsApp do all that?

Posted via CB10
    Conversely, can you share anything other than a photo within your BBM group? Let's say you are a work group, so that spreadsheet would be cool if you could share it with the group via BBM.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 07:11 AM
    They have it set to download automatically, but you can always go into the settings and disable auto download.
    Yes but once you do download it to view it it gets saved automatically, I don't see any way to turn that off.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 07:16 AM
    I think the way it works right now is good with low quality being sent with the option for HQ. What I think should change is making the HQ request feature/button more easily visible and assessible. I don't think a lot of people know about it
    11-02-13 08:26 AM
    I think the way it works right now is good with low quality being sent with the option for HQ. What I think should change is making the HQ request feature/button more easily visible and assessible. I don't think a lot of people know about it
    I can see the point of the HQ bit in a way, however I have to request, then I have to wait for the other to accept. That's not ideal if you have to wait. Maybe it should go to a server and when you want HQ it's readily available.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:27 AM
    I don't mind the fact that you need to request the HQ image but that the sender have to approve it. Also this 6MB file limit must go. We need to be allows to share whatever we want. Sending multiple files or photo by selecting multiple is also a must have feature. BlackBerry needs to pay attention to this and not feel like they are copping other apps, they copied BlackBerry so what's the big deal. BlackBerry have so much more than the others out there but in the end people have been exposed to the other features and they are there because people requested them.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:01 AM
    I can see the point of the HQ bit in a way, however I have to request, then I have to wait for the other to accept. That's not ideal if you have to wait. Maybe it should go to a server and when you want HQ it's readily available.

Posted via CB10
    But that still means that me, the sender, will get data charged for the high picture quality even if s/he doesn't want that.... I still prefer the current model BB is following.
    11-02-13 11:09 AM
78 123 ...