....anyone like me starting to want a smaller phone again? I carried around my daughters Droidx for several hours today at a dog park for her. She had no purse and small pockets for her shorts. I realized I hated that phone after missing several calls...forgot you have to swipe to open the screen first, then tap the phone button. But even more so it was like carring around my TV's remote control all day! Was glad to give it back to her. It is heavy too.

So I started thinking I would like to even perhaps go smaller than my Tour. Something like the new 3G Curve. 90% of my phone usage is phone calls, texting, and emails. 10% web usage. The thought of having a small pocket sized phone started to sound very appealing to me.

Anyone else?
    08-11-10 10:01 PM
    Some days I'd agree with you and other days I wish I had a dell streak for the screen. I do a lot of web browsing, texting, emailing, and other sorts of messaging and maybe %10 calling. I still have yet to want a bigger screen. Mine seems to be just fine and the form factor is almost perfect.
    08-11-10 10:05 PM
    I'm pretty sold on the 9700 for size. I am leaning toward the 9780 for my yearly upgrade.
    08-11-10 10:08 PM
    But I agree, at least for me the EVO and DroidX are too big to be convenient.
    08-11-10 10:09 PM
    I'm pretty sold on the 9700 for size. I am leaning toward the 9780 for my yearly upgrade.
    The 9780 with the BlackPad would be an awesome combination.
    08-11-10 10:10 PM
    The 9780 with the BlackPad would be an awesome combination.
    I was just going to say that. Man the more I think of the BlackPad and how it can tether the 3G from my phone, the more I get excited about the possibilities.
    08-11-10 10:28 PM
    I prefer even smaller than the curve (although it is a good size for me). I upgraded from the Pearl to the Curve last year when the 8330 was down to 20$. Only did it because it had more memory and a slightly larger screen. Now to just wait to see if the new Pearl becomes available on my carrier (sprint).
    Just something about the bulkier phones, even the iPhone feels oversized to me, and I know for sure that I would have a hard time with the EVO in my pocket.
    08-11-10 10:52 PM
    ....anyone like me starting to want a smaller phone again? I carried around my daughters Droidx for several hours today at a dog park for her. She had no purse and small pockets for her shorts. I realized I hated that phone after missing several calls...forgot you have to swipe to open the screen first, then tap the phone button. But even more so it was like carring around my TV's remote control all day! Was glad to give it back to her. It is heavy too.

So I started thinking I would like to even perhaps go smaller than my Tour. Something like the new 3G Curve. 90% of my phone usage is phone calls, texting, and emails. 10% web usage. The thought of having a small pocket sized phone started to sound very appealing to me.

Anyone else?

you are why the Pearl still sells well, it is a great small sleek phone for the person who wants that,

And actually Samsung I believe just released a very tiny Android touch screen phone, maybe Sony? the maker started with an S and it is a GSM phone I saw it at Rogers. it could also be an option, many people want small still
    08-11-10 11:12 PM
    That is why I still have my pearl and am trying to be patient waiting for the new 3G Pearl on Sprint. I just cant bring myself to go bigger to a curve or 9650.
    08-11-10 11:20 PM
    I am now thinking of Zoolander and the tiny, tiny phone he used.

08-11-10 11:21 PM
    I'm with the OP...that's why the upcoming clamshell is so appealing - although the torch looks nice too...

I feel that a phone should be a phone first and foremost...those who "rely" on their phone to do everything all the time and constantly want a bigger screen and more "web" apps need to get a life...

It's kinda like people moaning about the screen res on the new torch...it's a fricken cell phone! You want to watch a movie, use a TV - you know - the bigger thing in your house that produces a WATCHABLE large picture...

Although I am always the first to adopt new tech, it often still makes me sick how reliant people are on it.
    08-12-10 10:27 AM
    I too really like that clamshell. It is not quite the clamshell form I have always hoped for but it is certainly more appealing to me than phones like the Torch. The only thing that has me using a larger phone right now, with a HUGE screen, is the amount of time I spend accessing the web. I could be quite happy with a smaller screen on my smartphone if I were to pick up an iPad or Streak for when I need real web access.
    08-12-10 10:33 AM
    Great Zoolander pic!!! That made me laugh.
    08-12-10 05:54 PM
  14. T
    Those are reasons why I love my Curve! Compact and gets the job done!
    08-12-10 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD