Hey everyone!

Phonedog.com's Sydney Myers decided to ditch her Android-based device in favor of a BlackBerry Torch 9810 for a month. It's interesting to hear thoughts of BlackBerry 7 from a user who's totally new to BlackBerry. She's only 9 days into her challenge, and has posted three "updates" on YouTube.

Her thoughts do seem to become typical of what we've come to expect from BlackBerry critics.

What do you guys think?
    02-17-12 06:42 AM
    Not sure why she opted with the 9810 over the 9900. She said it was because she preferred a touchscreen... I think she might have a better experience on RIM's flagship
    02-17-12 06:58 AM
    How many times did she mention the phone is not pretty

It looks like the biggest hurdle she'll need to get over is all the negative press. She 'thinks' she's using an inferior product.

She talked about email...viewing emails on my 9800 does delete it from my account server and viewing emails on my desktop also deletes it from my account server...she'll eventually see it works

I predict on day 25 she'll be 'cracked'
    Last edited by anthogag; 02-17-12 at 09:21 AM.
    02-17-12 08:40 AM
    Day 12:

BlackBerry Torch Challenge: Day 12 | PhoneDog

the "memo pad" episode, LOL
    02-17-12 09:15 PM
    Episode 12 - I found the memo pad app! -

...she's starting to like 'instant' email

In which episode will she discover universal search

...or setting a dialing short-cut key...
    Last edited by anthogag; 02-17-12 at 10:49 PM.
    02-17-12 09:37 PM
    She liked it.
    Found a few things that annoyed her.
    Started hating.
    MEMOPAD!!!!!!!!
    She likes it again
    02-18-12 08:26 AM
    FWIW - I've seen a fair few crackberrians switch to Android or iOS and then switch back to BB saying it couldn't do this or that, when I know for a fact the devices could do what they were wanting just in a different way. ANY OS change will take some getting used to. It took me awhile to get used to my BB when I first got it, but I'm glad I stuck with it and learned the ins and outs of OS5. Also, the #1 reason I switched to a smartphone in 2006? I saw a friend use the memopad app on her Sidekick 2 :P.
    02-18-12 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD