I'm assuming if you're only doing calls, emails, sms, mms, that our BlackBerry phones will continue to work forever right?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 04:23 PM
    years upon years,
    05-19-16 04:32 PM
    Yes, forever. You will no doubt in 10 years still want to be using BB10 because even if it's not being supported by BB it will be a superior choice as I'm sure the mobile landscape won't change at all then.

Seriously, who cares. In a few years if it's unsupported it will be worthless.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    05-19-16 04:49 PM
    BBOS is still serviceable for these things and went out of support two years ago.

I'll say 2020, unless something really radical happens (like in the Matrix, or virtual reality, or Google becomes the world government and forces everyone to use phablets)
    rt2567 likes this.
    05-19-16 04:51 PM
    Yes, forever. You will no doubt in 10 years still want to be using BB10 because even if it's not being supported by BB it will be a superior choice as I'm sure the mobile landscape won't change at all then.

Seriously, who cares. In a few years if it's unsupported it will be worthless.
    I kinda doubt LTE will remain around "forever". I mean try activating a 1x CDMA only BlackBerry on Bell or Telus, they'll tell you to get lost...
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    05-19-16 05:14 PM
    I kinda doubt LTE will remain around "forever". I mean try activating a 1x CDMA only BlackBerry on Bell or Telus, they'll tell you to get lost...
    Turn on your sarcasm detector.
    TgeekB likes this.
    05-19-16 05:15 PM
    There is still a future for BB10. BlackBerry has to hold on to this fantastic OS a little longer. The anti trust issues facing Google in th EU will have Google rethinking it's strategy on Google Play Store. We might see them going cross platform.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    05-19-16 05:58 PM
    There is still a future for BB10. BlackBerry has to hold on to this fantastic OS a little longer. The anti trust issues facing Google in th EU will have Google rethinking it's strategy on Google Play Store. We might see them going cross platform.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    Sarcasm :/ ?

Via Pasta CB10
    05-19-16 06:00 PM
    Some people don't understand sarcasm. Proof that it is a truly intelligent form of wit.
    05-19-16 06:17 PM

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    IMO this is remotely possible. No sarcasm.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    05-19-16 06:55 PM
    I'm assuming if you're only doing calls, emails, sms, mms, that our BlackBerry phones will continue to work forever right?

Posted via CB10
    For the longest time I was still using my 8320 and 9000 on prepaid SIMs when vacationing abroad (Egypt, South America, Barbados, Haiti for example) where 3G/4G/LTE were just a thought at the times of my adventures... Works perfectly for calls and texts and no worries if you drop it, have it stolen, lose it or overheat while lost in a rainforest somewhere in Guatemala... (Don't ask, still a sore subject...) This is why I remain unconcerned with the fate of BBOS, BB10, etc... I don't do much more than call, text, email and occasionally browse, snap a photo or video on my mobile device... Social networks and random apps aren't my thing... May be everyone else's thing, but certainly not mine... Can't miss or be affected by things you don't use or particularly care about...

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-19-16 07:16 PM
    BB10 forever!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 08:13 PM
    Until it dies
    05-20-16 02:24 PM
    Nothing lasts forever, but the physical phone can last for several years if treated properly. Dare I say a decade, if not, maybe more?
    05-20-16 06:04 PM
    My Nortel Meridian phone from 1995 used for my main landline works beautifully with very high quality 21 years later, better than any other newer landline phone.
    Everything Nortel built was built to last for at least 25 years.

No smartphone will last as long. The CMOS ICs are only designed with 10 year reliability and the more advanced the CMOS node, the less reliable it is.
    But I would expect bb10 phones to work for at least 10 years, on average.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-20-16 09:04 PM
    Battery is the worry, for enclosed phones.... :-\

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-21-16 12:48 AM
    My neighbour still uses an old 3310 for calls and texts. He loves it and it works just fine.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    05-21-16 03:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Until you break it (for the mentioned features).
    05-21-16 04:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    A very long time...until the phone itself fails and there are no spares available or the underlying technology changes and they are no longer compatible with the networks.
    05-21-16 07:25 AM
    good question cause looks like blackberry and most developers abandoned bb10. R.i.p
    05-21-16 10:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thing is if that's all you want a phone for a dumbphone that gets WiFi will work. No need for a smart phone. But I would assume that unless something changes with all that stuff then yes your bb10 will bre good for a very long time

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    05-21-16 10:35 AM

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    Yep, this is my greatest concern re: my Passport (original) - though 16 months in, and the battery life is better than when I first bought it (due, I'm sure, to better battery management functionality that has been delivered in OS Upgrades since Jan 2015).
    skstrials likes this.
    05-21-16 12:15 PM

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Classics and other BB10 devices are now so ridiculously cheap to purchase that it is simple to stockpile the devices... Currently running my original Classic, but I also have a Blue Classic and another Black Classic new in the box ready to go... And I continuously am purchasing devices as I see them discounted... Eyeing up the SE Passports currently to add to the mix... Battery can go down, I'll have another ready to take its place...

Posted via CB10
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    05-21-16 12:21 PM
    Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
    05-21-16 12:28 PM
    Yes, the battery will die first. You will have to find a way to open the phone and replace the battery with a new one, assuming they will still make a Passport or Z30 battery 6-10 years from now.
    05-21-16 12:34 PM
32 12