my verizon bold 9650 was working perfectly fine until all the sudden the screen wouldnt turn on...i pulled the battery numerous times and the screen works just fine as it boots, and even when i receive a call the screen turns on and works fine. as soon as it goes dim, i cant revive it!

by the way, no phone function works except for the screen during a call or during its reboot, and the red LED. i cant answer when i receive a call or ignore it, all i can do is wait for the call to end and the screen to go black again.

4 years w/BBs and this has NEVER happend! please help!!!!
    10-07-10 07:28 PM
    sounds like a wipe and reload is in order, since battery pull's aren't doing it
    10-07-10 07:32 PM
    That doesn't sound too good! Luckily, it does sound like a software issue instead of hardware, since your screen is working some of the time.

Not much you can do since nothing really works on the phone. Try backing up your data, wiping, and reinstalling an OS. Let us know if that solves the problem.
    10-07-10 07:33 PM
    thanks for the help...i'll get on that now and let you know!
    10-07-10 07:35 PM
    that did the trick, thanks!
    10-07-10 09:13 PM
    no problem, if a battery pull doesnt solve it a reset usually does lol
    10-07-10 09:17 PM
    the ~2 hr process wasnt the funnest way to spend my time though. although i did actually get some chem studying done without the phone lol
    10-07-10 09:21 PM