With people being so passionate about their phones and OS of choice, I was wondering if it has crossed over to dating. Do you know anyone or have you ever not dated someone because of their phone? Do you know of anyone or have you ever broke up with someone because they switched to another phone? With some of the heated exchanges over phone types I wonder how deep the hatred runs towards competing brands.
    11-06-11 06:38 AM
    Nah man. Who would be cheap enough to do that s***

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 06:40 AM
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if this happens. But no not me.
    11-06-11 06:43 AM
    Time for some therapy if you're doing that.
    11-06-11 07:14 AM
    Absolutely not. IMO it would be very sad to limit your love life that way.
    11-06-11 07:22 AM
    Judging from the extreme devotion some have to their choice of phone. dating someone would equal cheating on their phone.

11-06-11 07:25 AM
    If someone were to love that way, it would look like this:

BF: I love you darling
    GF: I totally love something about you a lot.....
    BF: What's that?
    GF: Your really sexy Bold 9900!

Stupid love stories.
    Moral:
    NEVER love someone cause you can't afford their phone

11-06-11 07:34 AM
    With people being so passionate about their phones and OS of choice, I was wondering if it has crossed over to dating. Do you know anyone or have you ever not dated someone because of their phone? Do you know of anyone or have you ever broke up with someone because they switched to another phone? With some of the heated exchanges over phone types I wonder how deep the hatred runs towards competing brands.
    I haven't broken up with anyone because of their phones, but my wife has an Android and I have a BB. We get along well despite being married to each other.
    All my friends and their wives have BB's, but I convinced my wife to get an Android for selfish reasons. Didn't want to get stuck sending her BBMs all day long .
    OniBerry likes this.
    11-06-11 08:49 AM
    I haven't broken up with anyone because of their phones, but my wife has an Android and I have a BB. We get along well despite being married to each other.
    All my friends and their wives have BB's, but I convinced my wife to get an Android for selfish reasons. Didn't want to get stuck sending her BBMs all day long .
    Now there is a smart man LMAO
    11-06-11 08:51 AM
    I'm a huge Apple hater and very much dislike Android. My gf hates BlackBerry, it's too "business" for her, I have yet to find out what that actually means, and why it deserves so much hate. Anyway, she uses an Android phone for personal use, and swears they're the best thing around, and has an iPhone for work.

We do argue about phone choice sometimes, but it's all in fun. We're beginning to just ignore it and accept that we're different that way. I would never base a relationship off of what phone OS they use...

11-06-11 08:59 AM
    My wife loves her 9800, still has a hard time figuring out stuff though. She calls herself a "tech-****". No, she's not all that Politically Correct, and I love her for it.
    11-06-11 09:00 AM
    I wouldn't say I've ever like someone exclusively because of their love for a CrackBerry.

However, it's VERY attractive to meet a girl with the same hobbies, interests, and passions as yourself. And I've met a few girls who love tech, and specifically BBs, and that made them seem more attractive to me.

Even if a girl didn't love BB's like me, I would still think of it as a "plus" if she was just as passionate about another device platform like Android or iPhone. Again, it's not the specific platform that is the turn on, it's the fact that she has the same interest/passion for tech as I do.

11-06-11 12:28 PM
    I wouldn't say I've ever like someone exclusively because of their love for a CrackBerry.

However, it's VERY attractive to meet a girl with the same hobbies, interests, and passions as yourself. And I've met a few girls who love tech, and specifically BBs, and that made them seem more attractive to me.

Even if a girl didn't love BB's like me, I would still think of it as a "plus" if she was just as passionate about another device platform like Android or iPhone. Again, it's not the specific platform that is the turn on, it's the fact that she has the same interest/passion for tech as I do.

Dude, it doesn't matter what hobbies you share with a girl, after a while you WILL get bored .
    And if you really want to kill the relationship, get married...
    At least don't give them BBM and have some peace of mind.
    JR A and kbz1960 like this.
    11-06-11 02:16 PM
    Dude, it doesn't matter what hobbies you share with a girl, after a while you WILL get bored .
    And if you really want to kill the relationship, get married...
    At least don't give them BBM and have some peace of mind.
    hahaha!

You must be married! LOL
    11-06-11 03:21 PM
    Anyone who puts a phone over their relationship and ends it because of it, has some serious problems.

Now certain programming they watch on tv , then completely understandable!

kbz1960 likes this.
    11-06-11 03:27 PM
    ^And who gets the remote control!^
    11-06-11 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD