My phone is starting to get beat up...and... I LIKE IT ! A LOT! I feel as though I'm weird because of this? It seems everyone who has a Blackberry wants them to look new forever, but my Curve is starting to get scratches and lose paint, and my BodyGlove case has some rips...and I like the phone a lot now...I think maybe it's because it has grown on me?

Does anyone else experience this, or have you?
    10-26-08 03:06 PM
    Nope, mine is perfect and I need it that way, OCD about my bb.
    10-26-08 03:10 PM
    I use to freak out about dropping my phone and the scratches on it, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore. I feel like I don't have to be as careful with it anymore, and the scratches do give its own character.

It seems that when I first got the phone and was really, really careful with it, I dropped it the most. But recently, I haven't dropped or scratched it at all and I, by all means, am not as careful as I used to be. Funny how that works.

In the future I'll buy a new housing for it, but for now, I can still use it and its still a BB
    10-26-08 04:40 PM
    approx. 3 months after I bought my Berry I switched the housing to a custom painted one for two reasons:

1) I wanted a fresh look
    2) but I also didn't want to ruin it forever- I usually sell my phones about a year into a contract (because I get bored with them and/or something new comes out that I want read: Javlin!) so I took the OEM housing off and put the painted one on-gives me the freedom to hurt it if I so need, and when it comes time to sell I just switch out the housings and it's new again! VOILA!

I don't think I could deal with a beat up phone...my last phone looked like a truck ran over it and I just couldn't deal anymore!
    10-26-08 08:33 PM
    I can't have a beat up or scratched phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 09:43 PM
    I treat my phone like a tool, which is what it is. What it looks
    like has no bearing on it's function.

I have never, even from day one been careful with mine. I don't
    baby it. I have no special cleaning cloths. I don't stress over
    scratches or drops. I need it to work. I could not care less as
    to it's appearance. Just seem a bit silly to me.

Post #37 of this thread demonstrates my point.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 10-26-08 at 10:40 PM.
    10-26-08 10:35 PM
    I use a leather holster for mine. Not being use to having something on my hip within the first couple of weeks I had managed to put a few scratches on the upper right hand corner from running into things. Even have one about a quarter of an inch long in the corner of the screen. It's not noticeable except in just the right light and angle but doesn't keep me from seeing the screen. I hatted that it happened at first. But then I figured there would be more as time went on. Like AG said this is a tool and as long as it works that is all that matters to me. If it was some priceless antique investment I wouldn't carry it around with me.
    10-26-08 11:20 PM
    I am so carefull with my bb. That being said, it has chips and dings on it and I wish it didnt. But I'm with you, it has character. I even remember how some of the dings got on there. It's cool, I still love it.
    10-26-08 11:30 PM
    as long as it works that is all that matters to me. If it was some priceless antique investment I wouldn't carry it around with me.
    Precisely. The idea that there are so many people who treat these things like
    they are some kind of priceless artifact is insane.

I do the minimum to protect it, after that whatever happens happens.
    10-26-08 11:44 PM
    I try to be careful as much as I can, but with that first major scratch I consider it broken in. Then I don't worry as much... I think scratches/ imperfections give things character, makes it more personal or something. Nothing can stay perfect forever unless you put it away, but why on earth would we do that.

10-26-08 11:52 PM
    I'm not intentionally rough, but also I'm not afraid to use my Curve. I keep it in a Seido Hardcase with a screen protector, because I like the feel and look of the case and it allows me to not damage the phone too bad.

10-27-08 09:33 AM
    I admit I'm a bit anal about my phone. I want it to look clean and scratchless. I use it long and hard and yet 6 months later it still looks like its out of the box.

Of course later today I'll drop it and that will no longer be true.

10-27-08 09:40 AM
    I'm super careful with mine, but that goes with everything I own. I don't baby my phone, as it is, after all, still just a phone/business tool at the end of the day. I take care of it just the same as I do my car, clothes, and house.

10-27-08 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD