I have a blackberry bold 9780. Ive had it for about a year now, and a couple of months ago it started to have problems. It randomly shuts off, I don't know why, but it happens at least 3 times a day.

It has been doing that for awhile, but only lately has the battery been dying very quickly, and the loading icon has been appearing a lot. I can have my phone fully charged, and it will be half dead in 4 hours or so.

The loading icon thing happens often, and i cant do anything while it is on my screen, it just sits there, loading for nothing.

I made sure i dont have extra apps running, so i dont know what it could be.

help!
    06-19-12 09:35 PM
    If you have a ton of messages on your device, that can also slow it down.
    You should also consider reloading/updating your OS.
    06-19-12 09:41 PM
    How many app do you have, Also which one. Could be an app that could be the issue.
    06-19-12 09:53 PM
    I have a few apps and games. ive been making sure they arent active, but im no expert haha. i have the tsn app, facebook, and some random games and apps like flashlight. im guessing it was the messages, i had a lot saved. im gonna see if that makes a difference
    06-21-12 11:35 PM
    Sounds obvious but make sure the battery fits well and is not losing contact. Clean the contacts carefully. (you said the phone shuts off for no reason; this can be as simple as it is losing power).

Other than that -- try running without the media card.

If neither of those helps, back up data/apps, security wipe, install a fresh official carrier OS, and selectively restore data.

I find that after a while of having a BlackBerry and installing and removing apps, the phone just needs a fresh start. I usually do mine several times a year or even more if there are OS upgrades released.
    06-21-12 11:52 PM
    you have hardware issue of the unit already. try one thing first - do a wipe out without all the apps if it still reset then definitely its a hardware issue that you need to send out for repair.
    06-22-12 01:12 AM
    just helped a friend with the same issue.

first backup then wipe the bb.
    reinstall latest os but don't restore any apps.

if it stops resarting then restore your apps one at a time.

if it still restarts replace the battery.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    06-22-12 09:28 AM
    Think Southlander is right about the lose battery, known common issue on the BB 9300. Doesn't mean it can't happen here, a piece of thin cardboard solved the 9300's power loss.
    06-22-12 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD