I've been with att for quite a few years. Since they were Cingular. I'm getting off my family plan and getting my own plan.
    My questions for you guys are re following.

Which phone should I look into bold 9700 or torch 9800?
    I love os6 btw
    Idk how much I'd like the touch screen though

Or should I look into an android based phone?
    iPhone doesn't interest my dad has one I don't like it too much.
    I kind of want the 9700 but I'd the take rumored 9780.
    Thanks for all the input and opinions in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 09:49 PM
    spend as much time as you can set aside, in the store, checking out the phones that appeal to you. then you've got 30 days to decide if you want to keep the one you take home. if it's like Verizon, there will be a fee if you switch, but it shouldn't be too expensive a trade if you just don't like the first one. Everyone will say to questions like yours that whatever they use is "the best". no one device is perfect for everyone, so take your time and ask lots of questions at the store and observe how the phones feel, size, readability, sound quality, speed, etc. there is no perfect phone.
    08-17-10 09:53 PM
    Thank you for your quick response. I'll definetely do some more of that the 9700 felt like love at first sight. I had the same feeling about os6

08-17-10 09:56 PM
    Thank you for your quick response. I'll definetely do some more of that the 9700 felt like love at first sight. I had the same feeling about os6

I felt the same thing when I saw my first Storm! I had lots of trouble with the S1, but the S2 has been great (just a few glitches in 7 months), so it's my opinion that if a phone appeals to you right off the bat, that should be on your short list for sure--just be sure to delve deeper to make sure it will do what you want it to do.
    08-17-10 09:57 PM
    My gf has the S2 it's really cool. I like how the screen clicks

08-17-10 10:00 PM
    My gf has the S2 it's really cool. I like how the screen clicks

yup--the screen's Surepress tech is the thing that drew me to the phone, along with the bright BB screen and excellent speaker volume/clarity and call quality. and I'd hate to be without BBM.
    08-17-10 10:10 PM
    I would say go to the store and test them out and see which you like the best. Either phone you suggested are good, OS 6 though!!!!!!
    08-17-10 10:12 PM
    I had the 9700 and now have the 9800 and I can only say they are both excellent devices! I had doubts about getting a touch screen device since I have never liked typing on a touch screen, but since the 9800 also has a keyboard I figured it would be fine.

I honestly think it's the best of both worlds (for me) - I have the touch aspect for moving quickly around and typing short responses, and I have a fabulous keyboard (looks like the 9700 keyboard, but feels more like the 8900 which I liked much better) to use for those long emails, etc.

It really is a fantastic BB! That being said, I still love my 9700 and think you can't go wrong with it either. As suggested above, go into a store and play around with them and keep an open mind and you'll find the perfect device for you.
    08-18-10 10:04 AM
    Thank you Mike and Grit

@Grit
    yeah im def gonna have to play with the devices more its really hard to see which Id like more
    08-18-10 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD