Yeah so my phone is cracked out. It will just start ringing when I'm not getting any calls or anything and I can hit the end button and it will stop and then start again. I can continue to hit the end button and it will keep doing it over and over again. I power off the phone and it still does it while the phone is off. I have to pull my battery for it to actually stop. So I upgraded my firmware and I wiped the handheld after I backed up all my data thankfully. Neither of those fixed the issue so I went ahead and loaded all my data back on my phone (work and personal stuff, 4 email accounts, over 300 contacts, my life basically) and I call sprint and they tell me to take it to a sprint store for them to look at. The first thing the ****** does is wipe my handheld. I was like seriously did you just do that. He was like yes sir I have to see if this will fix the issue. So I layed into him about how much was on my phone and he just wiped it without asking if I needed to back up or anything and he was like uhh sorry. Geeze man some ppl are dumb. Sorry had to rant on this for a minute.
    11-21-09 06:14 PM
    Oh yeah. He replaced my trackball for me and said if I continue having the problem come back. I'm about to be calling Sprint
    11-21-09 06:17 PM
    At least you still have your backup. And yes he should have said he was going to wipe the phone, to allow you to say no, you didn't have things backed up.

So you say you had the phone turned off (not standby but off) and it still rings? Now that is odd... if my phone is off people can call me all day and it won't ring, but then you are not getting calls and it's ringing away.

Two things come to mind for random sound files being played.

Some sort of short, either a connection has gone bad or the the phone has been exposed to moisture in some form (sweat, spills, dunking or steamed), or something that was installed is sending an alert or causing a problem with the sound file you are hearing. If it'a an app, it would have to be one that can alert you with sound even if the phone is turned off. If you have not installed such an app, it would lead me to think it's a short of some kind.

edit: is this randoms sounds or the same sound/ring every time?

Yeah so my phone is cracked out. It will just start ringing when I'm not getting any calls or anything and I can hit the end button and it will stop and then start again. I can continue to hit the end button and it will keep doing it over and over again. I power off the phone and it still does it while the phone is off. I have to pull my battery for it to actually stop. So I upgraded my firmware and I wiped the handheld after I backed up all my data thankfully. Neither of those fixed the issue so I went ahead and loaded all my data back on my phone (work and personal stuff, 4 email accounts, over 300 contacts, my life basically) and I call sprint and they tell me to take it to a sprint store for them to look at. The first thing the ****** does is wipe my handheld. I was like seriously did you just do that. He was like yes sir I have to see if this will fix the issue. So I layed into him about how much was on my phone and he just wiped it without asking if I needed to back up or anything and he was like uhh sorry. Geeze man some ppl are dumb. Sorry had to rant on this for a minute.
    11-21-09 07:55 PM
    its my ringtone every time. my ringer is set to vibrat and ring and it does both as if it were actually ringing
    11-23-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD