How do I set my pearl so that it only alerts for one contact calls or sms, but stays silent for all others?
    05-02-10 06:44 PM
    Follow this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...contact-48275/

WAPers do it With A Passion
    At CrackBerry, I bring good search to life.
    Click Here To Be Banned* I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 06:56 PM
    Haha not that its any of my business and I understand if you don't wanna answer, but why would this be helpful?
    05-02-10 07:51 PM
    If they are anything like me I have someone special that I want to be notified if they are contacting me. Anyone else I could give a rats *** that they are contacting me.
    05-02-10 07:55 PM
    Oh...well that just seems silly to me, if that was the case just by a cheap phone, no point in spending hundreds of dollares on the best communication phone on the market to only contact 1 person.

But to each his own.

I use it for business as well as personal us so I just don't understand why that would be practical. I have a very special person in my life, one I would die for, but I couldn't block out the rest of the world I'd lose my jobs and never be able to have a future with her.

05-02-10 08:09 PM
    I use my phone for email notifications, BBM, and the odd phone call. If my phone actually rings I know it is an emergency, any other person is just someone that has my contact information.
    05-02-10 08:14 PM
    Oh ok that makes sense I thought the OP was asking how to stop every sound but notification and ringer from just that person. That didn't make sense.

05-02-10 08:17 PM
    MobileMadness runs along the same lines as I did. When I lived in Orlando, I used my BB at night for weather alerts, so I had TWC as a seperate profile, so I didn't have to hear any other sounds. That was with a 8100. Now, with a 9700 and 5.0 OS, it's sooooo much easier. Just setting a contact to a custom ring, and having always alert, I can go silent, but still have my Wonderful get me when she calls.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

05-02-10 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD