i'm having issues with the Sprint 9850 world phone WHICH COMES UNLOCKED ALREADY- can't get the BlackBerry service EDGE on Tmobile and also i sent one to my friend can't get BB service in DUBAI- But calls & SMS working..

Now i got a case number with RIM & the person is telling me that because i unlocked the phone it wont be supported on other networks...she doesn't understand that even the tour or the storm from verizon also work on all GSM.., lol...she says there is NO SUCH THING AS UNLOCKED PHONE- she doesn't understand this phone comes UNLOCKED ITS A WORLD PHONE-

Also told me that when the Regular Torch 9800 gets unlocked it wont work on Tmobile loooooooooooool.....i told her my daily phone is a TORCH and i use it on tmobile fine with BBM and all, she said NO only when your on WIFI, lol...unbelievable!!
    09-03-11 05:42 PM
    So what is your point? Lots of companies have incompetent employees. This is not RIM's official forum, and posters on CrackBerry cannot help you.
    jonathon.94 likes this.
    09-03-11 05:54 PM
    Are sure that the Sprint 9850 comes unlocked? The Sprint 9930 has been reported to not be shipped unlocked.
    09-03-11 07:23 PM
    So what is your point? Lots of companies have incompetent employees. This is not RIM's official forum, and posters on CrackBerry cannot help you.
    wow, lol..you sound a little sour, my point is this is a forum we talk about blackberry on and i'm discussing how the RIM employee has no idea what she's talking about! now beat it, if you dont like the discussion no reason to join
    09-03-11 08:36 PM
    Are sure that the Sprint 9850 comes unlocked? The Sprint 9930 has been reported to not be shipped unlocked.
    the 9850 comes unlocked, the 9930 does not! either way it doesn't matter, they are both unlocked now, i unlocked the 9930- the point is this lady has NO IDEA what she's talking about specially telling me NO WAY a 9800 ATT can work on tmobile
    09-03-11 08:38 PM
    wow, lol..you sound a little sour, my point is this is a forum we talk about blackberry on and i'm discussing how the RIM employee has no idea what she's talking about! now beat it, if you dont like the discussion no reason to join
    Complaining about RIM employees on CrackBerry will not solve the issue. You need to speak to the employee's supervisor. This site is not run by RIM.
    09-03-11 08:40 PM
    Yep was in the Sprint store and it is totally unlocked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 09:26 PM
    Complaining about RIM employees on CrackBerry will not solve the issue. You need to speak to the employee's supervisor. This site is not run by RIM.
    Yes the site is not run. By RIM, fanboys like you are annoying
    He's simply ssaaying that the RIM employee does. Not know RIM phones when she's answwering callls, common sense would say since you are answering the calls, you ought to know the phones BETTER, obviously as a RIM emplooyee she ought to know the phone very well of course
    Simple close the page if you don't like it,

09-03-11 11:54 PM
    I would ask to speak to the supervisor. Likely it wasn't a RIM employee, but an *** of a tmobile/sprint agent or employee. Things happen, even telus had one of those people and they got fired for telling me and 60 others to go to the repair shop to get their blackberry and other phones fixed, voiding their warranties.

She won't be on staff for long, trust your instincts. Reporting her to the super will be the better option.

Edit: I assume sprint's is CDMA primary and GSM for roaming, hence the unlocking.

09-04-11 12:09 AM
    LAK, why is it you are always after members like you are an offspring of Hitler around here. Take a chill pill bro

Last edited by BoldtotheMax; 09-04-11 at 12:53 AM.
    09-04-11 12:50 AM
    LAK, why is it you are always after members like you are an offspring of Hitler around here. Take a chill pill bro

i know we all come here to complain about stuff, and sometimes we poke at the ignorance of reps. its a fact, for us its a passion and we usually do know more than they do. for them, its usually just a job.

its funny to share the stories here, but sometimes people need to just accept to never listen to a rep that you know is wrong. chances are they wont even believe that you are right.

i agree the best thing to do it to ask to speak with their supervisor, or email their dept heads indicating that they are misinformed and need to be corrected on their information.
    09-04-11 02:34 AM
    I'm sure that she is just a new worker.. just ask to talk with someone else that can help you with your blackberry. each company has new workers from time to time that it takes some time to learn things... not a big deal you know.
    09-04-11 04:11 AM
    Yes the site is not run. By RIM, fanboys like you are annoying
    He's simply ssaaying that the RIM employee does. Not know RIM phones when she's answwering callls, common sense would say since you are answering the calls, you ought to know the phones BETTER, obviously as a RIM emplooyee she ought to know the phone very well of course
    Simple close the page if you don't like it,

No, the OP isn't, the OP is claiming that RIM support don't even know their phone, there's no need to be rude for your inability to properly read a sentence.

Yes, some of us are fanboys, but nobody likes pointless and invalid defamation.
    09-04-11 06:06 AM
    Let's take it down a notch folks!

And BTW LAK is a SIS not a bro.

09-04-11 06:39 AM
    Let's take it down a notch folks!

And BTW LAK is a SIS not a bro.

lol yea i was thinking the same thing and was gonna point that out, but didnt know if she wanted to keep the e-pimps away, so i kept my mouth shut lol
    09-04-11 06:53 AM
    I heard a good one a few weeks ago..

Family member had called RIM as her bosses BB was not receiving emails. Apparently she got put through some rep first to go through really basic troubleshooting motions.

The rep had this point to make to her: "your reception is too good right now to receive emails."

Eventually she got past that filter rep and solved her problem with the second rep she spoke too.

09-04-11 08:40 AM
    Reception is too good? WTF. -_-

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    09-04-11 09:22 AM
    No kidding? i didnt know the site wasn't run by rim..lol..You make NO SENSE, this is a BLACKBERRY forum..when a RIM employee has NO IDEA about their own product and says " i have been working for RIM for a long time sir, i know what i'm talking about" and really she has no idea...i think its worth discussing...and like i said, you dont like it..then dont read it Je rk O f f...

All the info i got from RIM was WRONG- the phones WORK overseas just fine
    09-04-11 09:40 PM
    If you can't play nice, then you just won't get to play.
    09-04-11 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD