Hey all, I'm going to spend the next 7 months in New Dheli and have a curious problem.

I've been here last month for a week and my keyone could connect with the internet and I could also use online video-/ audio chats. But the regular phone function didn't work, I only got some error beeping.

Back in Italy, the phone worked just fine and now that I'm back (and made absolutely sure that I have money on the thing, I'm using a prepaid card) the regular call function still only gives me the error beeping.

I'd like to know if I'm having a technical issue here or if I need to adjust something to be able to make calls?

Greetings,
    R.
    12-02-19 12:08 PM
    International call barring?? Not a roaming but just a call blocking...
    12-02-19 02:52 PM
    It sounds like your phone may lack the band that your carrier is using for phone calls - which is separate from the band used for data.

If you post the name of the carrier and the exact variant of your phone, someone here might be able to confirm that.
    melhiore and Whitewalkers like this.
    12-02-19 03:20 PM
    Check your devices 2G, 3G (shown as H+ or 4G) and LTE bands AGAINST your carrier's 2G, 3G or LTE bands. If they don't match (primary 2G or 3G MUST for voice calls), you won't be able to make calls at all.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    12-08-19 01:15 AM