I need some advice , I am looking for a new phone, and I'm stuck between the key2 or the note9 , or will the key3 come out please any suggestions
    01-24-19 02:40 PM
    I need some advice , I am looking for a new phone, and I'm stuck between the key2 or the note9 , or will the key3 come out please any suggestions
    No news of a KEY3 as of yet. Probably wouldn't be out until the summer if there is one.

Between the KEY² and the Note - it all comes down to how much you value the physical keyboard.
    01-24-19 02:58 PM
    what about security ? is the note 9 a secure smartphone, and honestly which one would be much better to type long emails and or texts
    01-24-19 03:01 PM
    what about security ? is the note 9 a secure smartphone, and honestly which one would be much better to type long emails and or texts
    The KEY² may be a bit tighter on security, but in all honesty, that's more of an interest to business.

95% of security and privacy comes from between your own ears.

If you type a LOT, and demand accuracy, nothing can beat a physical keyboard.

If you're mostly into browsing, social media, photography, etc, then a slab would make more sense.
    Byrese and the_boon like this.
    01-24-19 03:07 PM
    k thank you
    01-24-19 03:34 PM
    95% of security and privacy comes from between your own ears.
    This cannot be repeated often enough. Even a BB Android or BB10 phone could give away everything if the user does the wrong things, but top-tier phones (iOS, Samsung, LG, Sony, BB, Moto) have plenty of security and can be configured to enhance privacy (at the cost of functions and convenience, of course). BB's enhancements only change the situation by a couple of percentage points at best, and again, the user ultimately makes the difference.

The other thing is that an individual smartphone is very rarely targeted in the first place - there's just not enough money to be made or other motivation to get into a single phone, UNLESS it's the phone of a very high-profile person - a government official, a C-suite officer of a big company, or a celebrity. Nearly all "hacks" of "smartphone data" were really breaches of the SERVERS that held synced data - and those few instances have almost all been Apple's servers.

But the most common breeches have been corporate or government servers, such as the Target attack where they stole millions of credit card account info, or the Equifax attack which was similar. Those had nothing to do with phones, and owning a BB or even a feature phone would have made no difference.

Note that none of these had anything to do with smartphones:

https://www.csoonline.com/article/21...t-century.html
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-24-19 03:38 PM
    I want to prefer to purchase the latest model of Honor Views 20.
    01-25-19 06:07 AM
    If your fingers don't spontaneously combust when typing on glass then there's no reason to consider the KEY2 or any other physical keyboard phone.
    01-25-19 07:13 AM
    If your fingers don't spontaneously combust when typing on glass then there's no reason to consider the KEY2 or any other physical keyboard phone.
    I believe @the_boon suffers from this condition.....
    falbo likes this.
    01-25-19 08:14 AM
    I much prefer typing on glass, but PKB has tremendous advantages with edits, shortcuts, typing while jostled, etc. If they ever make a KEYᴾʳᵒ, with true flagship hardware and at least IP67, I'd be all over it. It all comes down to priorities and lifestyle. Who can truly judge that but yourself?
    the_boon likes this.
    01-26-19 12:32 AM
    Have you ever used a blackberry?
    01-26-19 01:40 AM
    I've just purchased the BlackBerry Evolve, big screen typing is easier.
    01-26-19 08:42 AM
    I just purchased the key2, and woow what a joy it is typing with a pkb especially in a moving vehicle I'm not driving .... it's just so accurate love it
    BigBadWulf, idssteve and the_boon like this.
    01-26-19 07:25 PM
    Congratulations!!!!!!

I just purchased the key2, and woow what a joy it is typing with a pkb especially in a moving vehicle I'm not driving .... it's just so accurate love it
    01-26-19 07:43 PM
    absolutely!!!
    01-26-19 07:48 PM
    Key2. Seriously. Or the LE.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    the_boon likes this.
    01-29-19 06:10 AM
    I believe @the_boon suffers from this condition.....
    LOL

I could do it on a slab, but a PKB just makes so much more sense for actually typing words.

I really enjoy not having to peck at little glass keys.

And congrats OP on that KEY2
    Byrese likes this.
    02-03-19 12:35 AM