08-05-10 12:50 AM
62 123
tools
    my berry is on 24/7 i do cut it off and then back on a few times a week to reset it with the towers that what my phone carrier said to do. i use the BB charging pod.
    Last edited by jerry12; 08-01-10 at 04:43 PM.
    08-01-10 04:30 PM
    I am on duty for work 24/7 and my Storm 2 is my lifeline so I just do sound profiles and keep it on 24/7.
    08-01-10 05:02 PM
    I'm another one who turns my phone off @ night. I just don't want it draining battery when I'm not using it at all. (You can charge it when it's off, right?) Messages can wait. The alarm turns the BB on automatically in the morning anyhow. Also, I don't need to be woken up in the middle of the night for any reason whatsoever.
    08-01-10 05:39 PM
    The only time I turn my phone off is when I put it in the locker at the gym or at the skating rink. I opt to turn it off rather than set it to Silent or All Alerts Off because I have BerryBuzz and I don't want the LED blinking for hours, draining the battery - should I have a missed alert.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have Berry Buzz and I don't think the LED alerts are a significant battery drain. I put it on silent in the gym, and when I return, get to see any colored lights signifying what i missed. I tell Berry Buzz not to flash fast for more than a minute, which also limits any drain.
    08-01-10 08:07 PM
    the only problem is, when using all alerts off mode, berry buzz still flashses
    08-01-10 08:39 PM
    the only problem is, when using all alerts off mode, berry buzz still flashses
    Just go into BerryBuzz settings (it's the little cog looking wheel thingy up in the upper tight hand corner of the screen in options/Berry Buzz) and tell it not to use the alerts during set periods of time during the night.
    That's what I do.

I have it set so that from 1 am to 5 am no Berry Buzz lights will flash
    At 5 am, just before my alarm goes off, all the Berry Buzz lights start in again.
    08-01-10 09:05 PM
    I have Berry Buzz and I don't think the LED alerts are a significant battery drain. I put it on silent in the gym, and when I return, get to see any colored lights signifying what i missed. I tell Berry Buzz not to flash fast for more than a minute, which also limits any drain.
    Yeah, I know that LEDs are very energy efficient. I have mine set for short bursts and to slow down after 10 minutes, and stop after an hour. I'd probably go so far as to say the 3 hours of blinking doesn't equate 2 minutes of talking. Problem is, I'm kinda anal and I've got it in my head that battery conservation is crucial - especially with these energy hogs, so I do everything I can do to save a milliamp. Lol Also, I turn it off because BerryBuzz emits an audible alert (even with alerts off) and I don't want to advertise that there's a phone in the locker.
    08-01-10 10:38 PM
    If Berry Buzz is emitting that audible even on silent,,,,are you using OS 4.7 or 5.0? I had all sorts of issues with 4.7. Most cleared with 5.0 in terms of the Profiles for sounds/alerts.
    08-02-10 01:44 PM
    I was using my phone as my alarm, but even though I have an alarm clock, I never turn it off. Unless I have to do a manual restart.
    08-04-10 09:38 PM
    I leave it on all the time but sometimes regret it when I get a text in the morning or something and it wakes me up.
    08-04-10 10:53 PM
    I pretty much live on my boat, so I leave my phone on 24/7 unless I am on a plane.
    08-04-10 11:03 PM
    How do you turn it off?

08-05-10 12:50 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD