Well, I have just expired on my Storm 2 contract and I am wondering which phone I should get next.
    I like to use Twitter/Facebook/Music (sometimes out loud)/MSN + Yahoo/BBM (I can use a new SIM card for this though) a lot. I also like easy access to my emails and I wouldn't mind games for when I'm bored.
    Last edited by ALostSoul2; 01-11-11 at 07:34 AM.
    01-11-11 07:22 AM
    Are you wanting to stick with VZW or will a different network be OK?

Are you wanting to stick with a touch screen or do you want to go with a QWERTY with all the messaging social apps you use?
    01-11-11 07:37 AM
    Are you wanting to stick with VZW or will a different network be OK?

Are you wanting to stick with a touch screen or do you want to go with a QWERTY with all the messaging social apps you use?
    Provider isn't really a problem for me, I live in England. I'm currently on Vodafone. As for keyboard or touch screen, I'm not really bothered. I've been using TS for about 4 years now so I'm used to them.
    01-11-11 07:43 AM
    Sorry for assuming you were with VZW. If you are wanting to stick with Vondafone, The Torch might be a good way to go and is a very popular device. This would allow you to keep the touch screen as well as give you the option of QWERTY. If you are not that interested in the touch screen the 9780 would be a very good device that can handle what you want to do. I'm not that familiar the Droid phones so I will let someone else suggest what is best in those if that's something you're interested in.
    01-11-11 08:06 AM
    Sorry for assuming you were with VZW. If you are wanting to stick with Vondafone, The Torch might be a good way to go and is a very popular device. This would allow you to keep the touch screen as well as give you the option of QWERTY. If you are not that interested in the touch screen the 9780 would be a very good device that can handle what you want to do. I'm not that familiar the Droid phones so I will let someone else suggest what is best in those if that's something you're interested in.
    I was considering a Bold at one point, it means I would be paying a cheaper contract too. I'm curious about Androids too... I was also considering the iPhone 4, and then the Storm 2 on a PAYG SIM (5 a month, unlimited data and BB services, not sure how much internet) for email/BBM.
    01-11-11 08:17 AM
    Curve 3G, torch, 9700 or 9780 or pearl 3G. You've got choices. Read crackberry reviews.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 08:56 AM
    I think if you had some extra time it would be worth your while to visit a few places selling the devices and play with them. This will give you a little better idea of how they will feel and act when using them.
    01-11-11 12:04 PM
    If you want to try out phones, O2 stores are a good place to go. By going to an O2 store in Huddersfield (I live in Leeds) I was able to try out the Torch. Pretty rock solid device if you ask me.
    01-11-11 02:00 PM
    I was considering a Bold at one point, it means I would be paying a cheaper contract too. I'm curious about Androids too... I was also considering the iPhone 4, and then the Storm 2 on a PAYG SIM (5 a month, unlimited data and BB services, not sure how much internet) for email/BBM.
    You have a lot of great Sony Ericssons available over there that aren't offered on AT+T. I loved the 3 SE phones I've had.

01-11-11 05:20 PM
    I think if you had some extra time it would be worth your while to visit a few places selling the devices and play with them. This will give you a little better idea of how they will feel and act when using them.
    If you want to try out phones, O2 stores are a good place to go. By going to an O2 store in Huddersfield (I live in Leeds) I was able to try out the Torch. Pretty rock solid device if you ask me.
    The Torch isn't bad. It lags with apps sometimes though, and the speaker doesn't seem too loud. I was given a replacement today cause mine was faulty, didn't even notice any difference. It also had a problem connecting to DM after the first time, and now my new one does too after connecting for the first time, so I can't update things that need to be. It is nice to scroll through my files a lot faster though to send stuff through BBM. Especially pictures (4.8k+ pictures, yeah I know it's a lot), don't have to wait for my phone to load the list.

I tested the iPhone 4 in a store, couldn't do much though since it has no apps and SIM, so no internet etc. With a BlackBerry, you pretty much know what it already has. Although I haven't been "wow'd" much by the new OS, coming from a Storm 2.

You have a lot of great Sony Ericssons available over there that aren't offered on AT+T. I loved the 3 SE phones I've had.

Wow, haven't heard that in a while... Sony Ericsson. Will give them a look.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 01-11-11 at 06:28 PM.
    01-11-11 06:20 PM
    Curve 3G, torch, 9700 or 9780 or pearl 3G. You've got choices. Read crackberry reviews.

you can even still get the 8520 although the 9300 is better for the same money. what i would say though is the UK holds the pearl 9105, not the 9100 so we are (imho) disadvantaged with the t9 keyboard rather than the suretype keyboard. that said iv got one and its not too bad, just took a while to get back into `dumbphone` layout cos all me other BB`s i use are full qwerty

dear god no. dont touch s/e with a bargepole. i`ll use the android X10 as my example here, was announced at MWC 2010 (less than a year ago) and came out mid year. android updates have stopped for this phone at 2.1, and will NOT get even froyo. S/E have the worst frimware support out of most, and i speak from selling the things, not just a `bystander` as i used to sell in a vf shop for over 2 years and s/e have THE most software faults out of any (including dumphones) makers.

anybod who lives in the uk needs to remember the satio (less than a year ago) that got pulled by cpw cos it `didnt work right on web protocols so customers couldnt access the web` erm, well tested sony, well tested lol
    01-11-11 06:33 PM
    X2 to everything middbrew stated.

Need to test drive them as most knowledgeable tech geeks can get an idea with an hour or so.

I see go to your nearest store and have some fun.

01-11-11 07:00 PM
    I'd go with a Bold. Ubertwitter x BB keyboard is a beast

01-12-11 02:22 AM

I checked them out and I agree. I love the looks of the white SE Xperia X10, but it is laggy and doesn't seem to get the update respect it deserves (stock os 1.6 btw).

01-12-11 02:33 AM
    hi guys ..i want to fully featured blackbery cell..gone thru few laets models...but really confused please tell me which is the best model available today
    01-12-11 05:00 AM
    If you're interested in sticking with BlackBerry I'd consider the 9800. I love mine and use mine for everything you listed. It is really an awesome device, I've had no lag issues or build quality issues.

01-12-11 05:30 AM
    Curve 3G if you don't care about screen resolution and just need a blackberry. Bold 9700 or 9780 if you want robust speed, torch for a touch screen. I won't say which is the best. Play around with them in the store and you should be able to make a decision for yourself.

01-12-11 08:23 AM
    Got a Torch atm, my Storm 2 is just there not being used. So nobody else recommends an Android or iPhone?
    01-13-11 02:35 PM
    You could get a pay and go sim use it in the storm until one of the leaked bb's might be released.

01-13-11 04:23 PM
    I'd go Torch or 9780, with both you get the new OS, and great specs.
    01-13-11 04:29 PM
    You could get a pay and go sim use it in the storm until one of the leaked bb's might be released.

I was thinking that at one point, I had my eyes set on a Storm 3.
    01-14-11 02:29 PM
    Storm 3 (someday)!!!!
    01-14-11 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD