Hey all, new here. I was recently (2 weeks ago) given for free a broken Pearl 8100 which I happened to fix. Works like new now and bought a brand new housing for it. I noticed my friend who gave me the phone was using a 8120 and told her I liked it alot better than the 8100. She offered to trade the 8120 for my Sidekick 2008. I accepted since I wasn't using it anymore. I now own 2 Pearls while using the 8120 as my primary.

Anyways, I've learned just about everything there is to know about the Pearl, have wiped, reloaded, etc the OS many times now and am very familiar with this phone.

I love listening to my local radio station morning show using Iheartradio and now use WiFi for best clarity. I tend to listen hours at a time. I noticed that after about 20 to 30 min of use, the phone gets warm to the touch. I believe it's the battery getting warm. I also noticed that streaming Iheartradio non-stop using wifi kills the battery in hours. Is this normal? I'm going to assume that the battery gets warm due to it being rapily drained because of the wifi running non-stop? Same happens with Pandora. This blackberry has a brand new battery. It's under 2 weeks old.

Thanks!
    12-15-09 12:17 AM
    Streaming any media will bring the heat The phone is working harder so the battery gets worked harder as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD