I know this has probly been ask. I can renew my contracts and get a new phone. I have a BB pearl now and can't make my mind up between the Torch 9800 and the Bold 9700. I only use my phone for texting, facebook, and some pics. I realy like the looks of the Torch with the touch screen and the 5 mp camra. But I can get a Bold 9700 for about half price I just dont know what to do. Any input would be welcome. Thanks

Tim
    10-12-10 12:32 PM
    I know this has probly been ask. I can renew my contracts and get a new phone. I have a BB pearl now and can't make my mind up between the Torch 9800 and the Bold 9700. I only use my phone for texting, facebook, and some pics. I realy like the looks of the Torch with the touch screen and the 5 mp camra. But I can get a Bold 9700 for about half price I just dont know what to do. Any input would be welcome. Thanks

Tim
    If you're getting the 9700, I'd say wait a little and get the 9780 instead. Which do you like better?
    10-12-10 12:34 PM
    That's really hard to say. Both are outstanding devices in my opinion.

My best suggestion for you is whether you really care about the better camera, the slightly faster processor or the touch screen, and most importantly-- whether it's worth spending that much more money on it if you're not going to use it's full functionality. Remember that the bold 9700 is also OS 6 compatible, it's just a matter of time when we get to start upgrading it.
    10-12-10 01:18 PM
    Go to a store and test them both out and if that isn't enough time, then by one and you have what 30 days IIRC to bring back, which I am sure is plenty enough time to know what you like best. Just got to pay the restocking fee....

Usually most people can get an idea in the store though. Even if you have to spend a good couple hours there, is well worth it for the next two years no?

Really is the best way, but IMO I like my 9700 better still as I am not a big TS fan and the Torches KB felt cheap to me and was awkward typing as it is top-heavy. Also wasn't thoroughly impressed by Os6 to be honest....love the look of it and for a TS phone, seemed responsive enough and "if" I had to type virtually, it worked very well.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 04:22 PM
    Thanks I think I will get the Torch. I like to touch screen, but I can type on the keyboard. Thanks

Tim
    10-15-10 02:35 PM
    I don't think you'll regret that decision at all, it looks like a great device, let us know how you like it!
    10-15-10 04:19 PM
    I've been having the same issue but I'm waiting it out for the 9780 now.
    10-15-10 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD