soo today i was talking a shower, and i was listening to music with my phone so i put it on a shelf not thinking anything of it. and i got multiple texts at one time and my phone vibrated off the shelf, face down into a puddle of water it still worked at the time, but it only got worse! now none of my buttons work. fml! but i read an entire book with the time i had away from my phone! a child called "it"....... but yeah im pretty upset
    12-31-09 12:33 AM
    Do you have insurance? That has got to suck though.
    12-31-09 12:39 AM
    i know it sucks, but i have to be honest.......i lol'd.

hope it works out for you.
    12-31-09 02:59 AM
    This is why the bathroom and the phone is a bad combination.
    12-31-09 05:31 AM
    As if NO one has yet said,

PUT it in Rice, take the battery out and put it in Rice,
    you can bring many electronics back from the dead with rice.

But the bad thing is you kept using it, you should have shut it right down, and put it in rice for 30 minutes
    12-31-09 08:00 AM

But the bad thing is you kept using it, you should have shut it right down, and put it in rice for 30 minutes
    I did not know about the rice thing. That is a great tip. Thanks. As for OP so sorry it stinks to be away from your berry for any amount of time I hope it works out for you.
    12-31-09 09:09 AM
    I agree with deRusett, break down all possible pieces and put it in a bowl of rice. Droped bb in water, and did it and it worked... BF droped iphone in sink did this and it worked.

So don't doubt the rice!!!

12-31-09 09:16 AM
    This is why the bathroom and the phone is a bad combination.
    Well I would agree but add more like this is why Showering/Bathing and phone is a very bad combination! You have to be on the extreme of being a crackberry addict because as much as I use my phone every where I go, I never take it in the bathroom when I am going to shower, shave or even brush my teeth!

Cheers,
    Charlie
    12-31-09 12:34 PM
    I'm a Blackberry pooper. Always take it in with me to take care of business.
    12-31-09 03:18 PM
    Yeah I never take my fone in bathroom for that very reason.Also when changing at work my MotoQ flung out my hoodie pocket and landed in toliet it was on at the time so instantly fried it ,lol
    But that's kinda what lead me to getting a berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 03:28 PM
    omg i knew about the rice thing! but i forgot xD yeah it totally doesnt work now! when (if)i get a new bb can the place convert my bbm contacts?
    12-31-09 05:07 PM
    Alcohol is another alternative but kinda risky.. it has worked b4 as alcohol dries immediatly when exposed to air taking all water with it..
    12-31-09 05:15 PM
    Take out your battery. You pretty much sealed its fate when you tried to use it when wet

12-31-09 05:42 PM
    Don't even take your phone into the bathroom when you take a shower. Even if you didn't drop the phone, the condensation from the shower alone can kill your phone.

12-31-09 05:45 PM
    i never heard of the rice thing or even thought about it but it makes sense.. almost makes me want to grab an old blackberry and try it.... but i wont
    12-31-09 06:11 PM
    this is why when your phone falls into a puddle of water, or snow, or whatever with water; you HAVE to take the battery out ASAP. Otherwise the water will act as a conductor of electricity and short out circuits in your phone, which is most likely what has happened.
    12-31-09 06:29 PM
    yup! the rice thing works just fine. best option is if done immediately after the accident
    01-01-10 05:44 AM
    lol @xraytid word never heard of the rice thing either but good luck
    01-01-10 01:16 PM
    when (if)i get a new bb can the place convert my bbm contacts?
    I was not sure about this part of the question he asked . I thought there mite be away to get your bbm contacts transfered over tho DM but I am not forsure about.
    Now that the rice side has been discussed in detail here ,lol Can anyone give better details if is possible to get you bbm contacts back . In case it happens to me for some unforeseen reason I'm kinda curious about as well .Thanks

01-01-10 04:45 PM
    sorry to hear this happened to you I never bring my phone in the bathroom when I am taking a shower
    01-01-10 05:11 PM
    Sorry as well to hear about the phone. I usually just have a radio in the bathroom. I know - a bit old fashioned, but effective. Oh, and thanks to all for the rice tip. I will keep it in mind, just in case....

Good luck!
    01-01-10 05:26 PM
    I warned my bf about taking his Droid phone into the bathroom while he was showering the other day for work for exactly this reason. And the condensation thing. Luckily nothing happened...that time. Like everyone else said, phones and bathrooms don't mix. What really blows is that most destruction as far as electronics are concerned involves water and these companies don't cover it in their warranties. *shrug* I don't know much about other carriers, but Sprint and Apple don't last I checked.
    Last edited by CapnCrunchBerry; 01-01-10 at 09:26 PM. Reason: 'cause
    01-01-10 09:24 PM
    I almost hate to say this, because I know now I am doomed, but I've been showering with my phone in the bathroom for years....daily. Here's what I do, I place the phone down low, usually on the toilet seat so the steam, if any, will stay up high. I also use the vent fan. So far, never fried a phone.
    Why do I do this? Because each time I've not taken my phone into the bathroom...I am guaranteed to miss a very important call...without fail, happens every single time. Of course while I am showering, I can always peek out and check the caller ID if the phone rings, then determine if its worthy of toweling dry just my hand and right ear lol

01-01-10 09:42 PM
    I almost hate to say this, because I know now I am doomed, but I've been showering with my phone in the bathroom for years....daily. Here's what I do, I place the phone down low, usually on the toilet seat so the steam, if any, will stay up high. I also use the vent fan. So far, never fried a phone.
    Why do I do this? Because each time I've not taken my phone into the bathroom...I am guaranteed to miss a very important call...without fail, happens every single time. Of course while I am showering, I can always peek out and check the caller ID if the phone rings, then determine if its worthy of toweling dry just my hand and right ear lol

Ahah. Nice.
    01-01-10 10:33 PM
    I just had this happen to me, sort of. Haha. Had my phone in the back pocket of my jeans on NYE and went to the bathroom. (Sadly, this was pre-drinking) and the phone fell out and into the toilet. I had the battery out within seconds and had it in a box of rice within a minute.

I know about the rice trick, but how long should I leave it there? My phone might already be doomed because it spent a second or two submerged while my brain processed that the thing at the bottom of the toilet was indeed my phone.... ha. It's been in the rice then for a full 24 hours already.

I usually take my phone out of my pocket in the bathroom because I was afraid of exactly this scenario.
    Last edited by a.leah86; 01-02-10 at 12:26 AM.
    01-02-10 12:23 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD