Hey everyone-

I am on Verizon. I am planning on traveling to Montreal, Quebec in a few months for a week. I have heard that the data rates up there are ridiculous! Anyone know what the story is for travelers with Verizon going to the great white north?

Or should I just bite the bullet?

Thanks guys!

-db
    02-11-10 07:05 PM
    Are you looking to do international roaming with Verizon or discontinue verizon service and put in a local sim card?
    02-11-10 07:37 PM
    If Verizon's Global plan is available for Canada, you can opt in for UNlimited data. Your rate would change from $30 to 65/month (bis).
    02-11-10 07:47 PM
    sadly I have a Curve so thr SIM card is a non-option.

I was just curious if Verizon will change my plan for a week, or if the roaming phone rates and the data rates will be so astronomical that I should leave the berry at home...

...I'm kidding...back away from the ledge...

-db
    02-11-10 07:47 PM
    I imagine that Verizon will give you some sort of advance data ($xx.xx for xx mb). We have that option for when we roam - ooh, and if you've been with Verizon for a while then they may give you a better rate.

Just ask lol.
    02-11-10 08:42 PM
    If it works like our carriers, there is a substantial premium for roaming voice and data.

Fortunatly, Canada and the USA premium is low, about $6 Mb. International rates, other then Canada, are much higher, around $30 Mb.

02-11-10 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD