I have a dilemma. My wife and I are Realtors and we use our phones a lot. I have an HTC Mogul and my wife uses a Samsung flip phone. We are Sprint customers. We have decided to get in to the grown up business world and start using BlackBerrys. We ordered two 8830 phones late last night (Friday) so I think I can change my mind and order a different phone if I choose to. We never travel out of the country so the "World" aspect of the 8830 is a non-issue. The fact that it does not have wi-fi is somewhat troubling. The other phone that Sprint offers that we have talked about is the 8350i. Is the Direct Connect really useful? We are Google Apps users and have our gmail in our own domain name. Are both of these phone equally compatible with that type of email? Our plan includes unlimited data. Given what you experienced users know, which way would you go. Please remember, I am new to this BlackBerry environment.
    03-28-09 01:36 PM
    The 8830 is a great device, i prefer the 8330 Curve, but that's just my opinion. As far as Google goes it works phenominal on a BlackBerry, e-mails will be instantly pushed to your device by the legendary push email system which only BlackBerry has. The direct connect is nice, but you can get by without it, i say this because I have a nextel for a work phone, i really don't care for it to be honest with you. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask away...
    03-28-09 01:42 PM
    i would personally swich providers to tmobile and get the curve 8900! awesome phone .
    03-28-09 01:44 PM
    See, I prefer a CDMA carrier to GSM, but again, that's my opinion...
    03-28-09 01:46 PM
    One suggestion I have regarding Gmail accounts on a Blackberry would be to make sure you login to your BIS accounts and set up a filter so every time you send an email from your Gmail account on a pc you don't have a copy show up in your inbox on your BB. It can be annoying when it does this.

Answer is in this forum post. See post #5 by "naviwilliams."

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/
    03-28-09 02:12 PM
    That guide should be made a "Sticky", seems almost everybody has this problem initially...
    03-28-09 02:18 PM
    go for the 8330 curve its my favorite its the best.
    03-28-09 07:15 PM
    That guide should be made a "Sticky", seems almost everybody has this problem initially...
    Agreed! I know I had the issue the first day of ownership
    03-28-09 07:23 PM
    I have to agree with the 8330!
    03-28-09 07:33 PM
    I have the 8830 and I think it is a great device. The only real drawbacks to it are the lack of camera and the amount of memory.

If you want a camera in your BB, then I would suggest going with the Curve 8330. You will also find that the Curve has more memory for loading and running applications. Google has a set of Blackberry apps. I don't use them on my 8830 mainly due to the other applications I use, and the amount of memory taken up by the Google apps. If you went with the 8330, you should have plenty of memory for the Google apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 08:55 PM
    Thanks to all of you for the advice. We decided to go with the 8330 and we will be picking them up tomorrow from the local Sprint store. We are excited!
    03-28-09 09:03 PM
    Thanks to all of you for the advice. We decided to go with the 8330 and we will be picking them up tomorrow from the local Sprint store. We are excited!
    Great choice......You won't be disappointed
    03-28-09 09:07 PM
    First off great choice to go with Verizon! Anyhow the 8830 is not a bad device, but the 8330 would have been my pick, (You can take a look at the Storm too, but the touch screen may be a bit much at first). Anyhow the 8830 is a bit older and does not have a camera, good if you are an overseas traveler, but you said you are not. The Curve is newer & also has a camera. WI-FI you will not need at all, espicially since you have Verizon because on each berry you have to pay $30 a month for the data plan, which is unlimited web and email, so you wouldnt need wi-fi. You already know about smart phones and that they have a calendar & all that stuff... so you should be good!

EDIT: You should have stuck with Verizon, you know they also have the buy one get one free going on correct??
    Last edited by AaronJP; 03-28-09 at 09:13 PM. Reason: For Got To Re-Read Previous Post!!
    03-28-09 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD