Every once in a while, I will receive a text, that I can see the preview of in the messages folder, but when I got to see the full message its blank. It causes a pretty noticeable delay when opening the conversation as well. This is happened on countless OS versions, I even had the same issue on my Tour. Tell me I'm not the only one?
    06-25-10 01:35 PM
    My Storm 2.. have yet to see it on my Bold though

But if this helps, my Girlfriend who I text all the time has Cricket and I experience the phantom text issue with no one else
    06-25-10 01:40 PM
    I've noticed that on my curve 8530, I'll hear the alert and look at my sms and there is no text there. However, what I did notice is that this happens when my phone goes into roam mode. Keep an eye on it and see if that's when it happens to you. I believe it has something to do with when it switches to roam. I have no idea why but that's what I noticed.
    06-25-10 06:03 PM
    I have this also, at least once a day, and the ringtone is always the one assigned to my ex. Hmmmm...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 07:17 AM
    Carriers your third parties to send SMS and mms between the different carriers. With the surge of new smart phones Vzw told me not all phones are compatible for the different carriers but it takes the third party vendors a few weeks to change their software to work correctly. Ie the ERIS when it was first released couldn't receive SMS from lg devices and htc put a patch out not long after release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 08:54 AM
    I get this issue with one of my friends who are also on Verizon. Txting me from their normal cell phone (I don't know what kind exactly) to my Storm 2. No problems with anyone else ever except for him. No matter what I do (change contact info, name, etc) it still doesn't fix the problem. I'll find out what phone he has but I also get this. It's very annoying.
    06-27-10 09:25 AM
    I have experienced the same problem. It was another verizon phone sending me an sms message, and the preview showed up in the message list but if I tried to click in it would either not go in at all, or if it did go to the conversation, the text was blank. It seemed to only happen to texts that were longer than 160 characters...did you notice that was the case for yours? (If you put the cursor in the "phantom text" and click the track pad and click forward then add a contact, the message will show up in the new text/email you are composing, allowing you to read it).

Very frustrating....
    06-27-10 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD